P3S not connecting to DJI Go app

Reaction score
I've picked up a P3S which had been in a crash, where the camera gimbal was moving from one extreme to another and not settling down. I finally just swapped in a new gimbal, and it now does it start up dance and settles down.

The problem now is that I don`t get any video feed or telemetry on the app. The RC connection is fine (green light on the under belly), as I can start up the motors and control the gimbal pitch. I can see the P3S wifi and connect to it. I'm getting in the app a red error message stating 'Remote Controller Signal Weak'. No battery status, GPS, no video control. The quad logo on the main screen shows N/A next to it. I can't see any data in the sensor screen. I can only get into the remote and wifi menus.

When launching the app on my Android phone, it doesn`t recognize the P3S, but reports that the remote controller is connected, but says to connect your aircraft, even though it's already power.

Am I missing anything, or is the main board damaged if there's no telemetry although the wifi connection seems to work?

I've picked up a P3S which had been in a crash, where the camera gimbal was moving from one extreme to another and not settling down. I finally just swapped in a new gimbal, and it now does it start up dance and settles down.

The problem now is that I don`t get any video feed or telemetry on the app. The RC connection is fine (green light on the under belly), as I can start up the motors and control the gimbal pitch. I can see the P3S wifi and connect to it. I'm getting in the app a red error message stating 'Remote Controller Signal Weak'. No battery status, GPS, no video control. The quad logo on the main screen shows N/A next to it. I can't see any data in the sensor screen. I can only get into the remote and wifi menus.

When launching the app on my Android phone, it doesn`t recognize the P3S, but reports that the remote controller is connected, but says to connect your aircraft, even though it's already power.

Am I missing anything, or is the main board damaged if there's no telemetry although the wifi connection seems to work?
If you just installed a new gimbal and camera, you will have to re update the firmware. The new gimbal may not be updated to the matching firmware that is currently on the rest of the craft. You may have to downgrade and then re update to current FW.

I just did that, but still no go. I got the following message on the SD card:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.06.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Should I downgrade the firmware?

I'm running v 3.0.1 of the Android GO app.

I just did that, but still no go. I got the following message on the SD card:
Upgrading ...

Should I downgrade the firmware?

I tried a previous FW version and got the following txt file, but still can't seem to connect to the aircraft.
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Upgrading ...

I tried the GO app on a different Android device, and it shows the same symptoms.

Could the wifi module in the Phantom be blown if it just won't been seen by the app?

Got one for you, light green on remote and Phantom?
Turn of Phantom, then what does the remote do, turn red?
If red, have you tried to re-link the remote and Phantom?

If the re-linking fails then I think it is (camera/gimbal) problem and you won't be able to re-link until that is fixed.

If it re-links, doesn't time out, then I don't have a clue, but some WiFi signal is coming from the Phantom and the remote is picking it up and camera and gimbal are working. Based on following link.
Standard - weak signal, won't bind, flashing yellow.

It has been said, the data and video are sent from the Phantom via WiFi but on two separate channels.

Here was a linking procedure, with out the app.
No signal after update

Rod

Many thanks Rod, that was it! I never clued in that the red LED on the remote meant is wasn't linked. What threw me off is that I still had RC control, but no connection to the app.

Many thanks Rod, that was it! I never clued in that the red LED on the remote meant is wasn't linked. What threw me off is that I still had RC control, but no connection to the app.
So, red on the remote, but you could still operate the Phantom?
So you tried a re-link? It worked or failed?

Rod

OMG, so it is fixed! :eek::D

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj