P3S max distance 816 ft

Can't wait to see how far away I'll get after turning off distance limit. I'll have to wait until this weekend.
Well I had a great time flying this weekend. Went out 2367 ft before losing signal and it started RTH mode. I did several flights going over 2000 ft in distance. I kept it in LOS most of the time. This P3S is awesome! By turning off the distance limit, made it a lot more exciting.

Truthfully the standard is a great bird and I normally got 5-8k feet and I had no issues until I killed it because I panicked and did a CSC even though it was only a couple meters up it came down on the camera just right and it was done, would be my only complaint that the standard must have the camera to be able to fly where the Advanced on pro do not as the radio is in the lightbridge/height sensor

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Took my P3s out this morning, stock and latest firmware the range was 1400m until signal lost.

the dbs mod for the p3s is $100. man, might as well buy the p3p for another $200.
im seeing p3s is about $600 new while the pro is $800. really worth it!

hey phantom3guy I think your right ,that latest app update seems to have improved the range of P3s..

Remember the position of your antenna - you'll get max range with it cocked straight up at 90* and hold the tx up pointing at the P3 !- see this 5,565foot flight!! - Stock DJI Phantom3 STD 4,327feet flight!

Guys my P3S just crash into the water,can somebody give a help whit that???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guys my P3S just crash into the water,can somebody give a help whit that???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Is it fresh water or salt water?

If fresh you MAY be able to salvage some of the parts and rebuild, if salt then you are screwed. Open it up and blot as much water as you can and sit it out to dry for a couple of days. I honestly don't know what parts are instantly screwed and what may be salvageable...maybe others can help. If by some chance you can save the camera you can buy a replacement body with all internal parts for about $190. If it helps at all I have a unit that I crashed that only had outer shell body damage that I'd be willing to sell for less but it doesn't have the camera.

Reactions: Cubano2031
Is it fresh water or salt water?

If fresh you MAY be able to salvage some of the parts and rebuild, if salt then you are screwed. Open it up and blot as much water as you can and sit it out to dry for a couple of days. I honestly don't know what parts are instantly screwed and what may be salvageable...maybe others can help. If by some chance you can save the camera you can buy a replacement body with all internal parts for about $190. If it helps at all I have a unit that I crashed that only had outer shell body damage that I'd be willing to sell for less but it doesn't have the camera.
FRESH WATER JUST FOR Couple of seconds..

FRESH WATER JUST FOR Couple of seconds..
I would do as stated before...wait a day at least, maybe two while sitting in a warm, sunlit area. Then if you are confident it is dry try to boot it up and cross your fingers. Again, I don't know the affect on the battery or motors specifically and if those will be able to be used again.

thank you man,i gonna try the rice method right now...finger crossed is a two months drone..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj