P3S max distance 816 ft

Reaction score
Ok , I've been flying my p3s since January. Started in beginners mode for a few flights. Since then I would focus on altitude going up to 399. Distance would be 300 to 400 feet. So , today I decided to go out farther. The maximum distance is 816 ft. I was expecting atleast 1600 ft. What's up with only 816 ft? Please advise! Thanks

the range listed is in optimal conditions. you either have trees, interference, or something else
dont expect good range with wifi, only lightbridge gets you decent range and the P3s is just a starters one that isnt meant for range or anything like that

I got 2400 feet with mine in a very congested area

Reactions: mmtphoto
816ft is more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
that range is terrible wouldn't be happy with that

Reactions: 66Fury
I have read various distances posted of P3 standards original and there appears to be quite a range from new .Mine was 500-600m max. original 1200m with reflector/windsurfer from golf course/park out over estuary ( no interference). Less than quoted by dji Is there anything in controller to check or remedy?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I installed a tablet holder with a aluminum bracket that mounts on handle. Could this be causing the limited distance? In the app, I try to adjust maximum distance, but it always defaults to a red zero, along with rth height. The agree box pops up, I hit agree, then it automatically goes back to zero.

I installed a tablet holder with a aluminum bracket that mounts on handle. Could this be causing the limited distance? In the app, I try to adjust maximum distance, but it always defaults to a red zero, along with rth height. The agree box pops up, I hit agree, then it automatically goes back to zero.
nope doesn't effect anything dji has messed up with last firmware upgrade

What I did before I updated was to delete the app from my iPad air2 and all of its data. Then redownload the app sign in and do the update and then go back through the settings with the remote and bird connected, I have not had any problems at all. and I'm still getting great distance

What I did before I updated was to delete the app from my iPad air2 and all of its data. Then redownload the app sign in and do the update and then go back through the settings with the remote and bird connected, I have not had any problems at all. and I'm still getting great distance
What kind of distance are you getting now? Stock or mod?

I did not reformat the card, I do have the DBS mod installed. Today I got 11970ft., lost video RTH

I may be wrong but i think you need to have the remote on and connected to the bird, no need for props, but once all is connected launch the dji app and then you can change the settings and they will stay to what you have set them.

When i got my bird the setting would not take because nothing was on and connected... my experience anyway.

Reactions: Pharm
Yes, Tony B!,
I am sure that is the problem.

Reactions: Tony B
I may be wrong but i think you need to have the remote on and connected to the bird, no need for props, but once all is connected launch the dji app and then you can change the settings and they will stay to what you have set them.

When i got my bird the setting would not take because nothing was on and connected... my experience anyway.
I'll try that, yesterday I did it while I was connected. I had landed it to make the adjustments.
But it kept defaulting to zero. I had made sure it was updated prior to flying. In the past updates it seemed to hold settings. This was my first time trying out the distance, so I'm not sure if this is a new situation with firmware or if it's always been that way.

Well, there is a new app update today. I updated the GO app today, the update seems to have fixed the distance issue. After updating app this evening, I took it out and did a quick flight right after sunset. I went out to 1200 ft. I know that it will go father, the skeeters were starting to eat me up. I did a pre flight check and saw a new box in settings that allowed me to make another 500m selection. This wasn't there yesterday , like I previously said it would default back to zero. Today, the settings held after agreeing box came up. I now know that version 2.8.0 caused the distance issue. Thanks to everyone that gave advice I'm this matter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31