P3S Litchi mission loads but does not start

Reaction score
Hi, I have a mystery problem I would like some advice on.

I fly a Phantom 3 Standard, using the Litchi app. I recently tried to fly a mission, and the mission loaded, a message appeared that the mission had started (all as usual up until this point) - but then nothing happened. Here's what I have tried to troubleshoot:
1) I tried taking off manually from the take-off spot, and starting the mission while hovering instead. No luck, the P3S just kept right on hovering until I switched back to manual control and landed.
2) I tried flying other missions, and they work just fine.
3) I tried taking a nearby (15 km away) mission that works, and I moved the waypoints to the site I wanted to fly over, but no luck, after moving the waypoints the P3S will not fly the mission.
4) I tried flying manually in the general area (to test if it's an issue of a no-fly zone in the P3S firmware), and I can fly manually just fine.
5) I tried creating another mission that has the P3S flying across several no-fly zones (Ottawa airport and the Prime Minister's residence) before crashing into the Parliament buildings. The P3S would happily fly that mission if I let it - I started the mission without propellers attached and the motors started spinning for take-off. So no-fly zones don't seem to be the problem here.
6) I tried adjusting the altitude of the flight - it's a pretty hilly area. But having the P3S fly at 300m (far above the hills) still didn't work. So it's not a terrain avoidance issue either as far as I can tell.
7) I tried creating a highly simplified mission in the same area, with only 2 waypoints, and that still won't fly.

At this point I am truly lost for ideas. I've uploaded the .csv file exported from Litchi Mission Hub here, with the extension changed to to .txt because I can't upload .csv files here. If anybody can make this simple mission work, please let me know what the magic trick is and I will try it out.

Attachments

• DONOTFLYv2.txt
    877 bytes · Views: 341
At this point I am truly lost for ideas. I've uploaded the .csv file exported from Litchi Mission Hub here, with the extension changed to to .txt because I can't upload .csv files here. If anybody can make this simple mission work, please let me know what the magic trick is and I will try it out.
You need to share that mission from the Hub with a link here if you want someone to take a look.

My apologies, I didn't realize sharing it was that easy, here you go: Mission Hub - Litchi

Any ideas much appreciated... what I do at this point, to test it, is just load the mission with propellers off, start it, and see if the motors start spinning. That did not happen with the mission in the link above. If anybody can modify the mission in a way they think will make it work, I will test again right away and let you know.

Hmmmm....Very confusing. I really don't see anything wrong with the mission itself other than an couple of things, but they really should not have anything to do with your issue. Although you are close to a warning zone you are not inside of the area in question. As far as the mission itself, you need to change that to a straight line mission and I would not leave that finish action at hover over 1/2 mile away. Other than that, this should work. The only area to note is shown below, but that is well south of you and even then you should be able to fly.

Warning area.PNG

Yes, I am confused too. This mission I sent a link to is really for trouble-shooting only, so I did not fix the issues of straight-line and what to do when the mission is over. And I'm fairly confident that the warning zone is not the issue, because 1) we're outside of it, and 2) Litchi has no problem sending my drone on a mission straight into other no-fly zones (I don't think I've updated my firmware in a while, so maybe my UAV just doesn't have those zones). If you have the time and interest, please take your own Phantom outside and try to have it fly the mission (without propellers), just to see if teh motors start spinning or not when it has been uploaded.

Yes, I am confused too. This mission I sent a link to is really for trouble-shooting only, so I did not fix the issues of straight-line and what to do when the mission is over. And I'm fairly confident that the warning zone is not the issue, because 1) we're outside of it, and 2) Litchi has no problem sending my drone on a mission straight into other no-fly zones (I don't think I've updated my firmware in a while, so maybe my UAV just doesn't have those zones). If you have the time and interest, please take your own Phantom outside and try to have it fly the mission (without propellers), just to see if teh motors start spinning or not when it has been uploaded.

PS: Where did you find that nice map of the warning zone?

Wouldn't the issue be that the finish IS too far away from start point? Also the distance between way points has to be under 1 mile. Although this missions' points are under that, this is also a factor that prevents a mission start.

Wouldn't the issue be that the finish IS too far away from start point?
I would agree but the OP stated that the mission successfully loaded and was given a start. That is what is perplexing.

I often have trouble getting a mission to load on my Standard .As mentioned above it can be a few different things like being too far away from the first WP or WPs too far apart (warnings appearing in red writing that requires a magnifying glass to read) and at times the upload will get stuck a say 60% and I will have to try a few more times o get it to work .
Do you have any warning coming up on the app ?
So you are saying the upload continues to 100% but then nothing ?

I often have trouble getting a mission to load on my Standard .As mentioned above it can be a few different things like being too far away from the first WP or WPs too far apart (warnings appearing in red writing that requires a magnifying glass to read) and at times the upload will get stuck a say 60% and I will have to try a few more times o get it to work .
Do you have any warning coming up on the app ?
So you are saying the upload continues to 100% but then nothing ?
Yeah, the upload foes to 100%, then it says 'starting mission' or something like that (I can't remember the exact wording), and then nothing happens (as in the motors don't start spinning). I've eliminated a whole bunch of potential reasons, like no-fly zone, waypoints too far apart, first waypoint too far from take-off. Just haven't found the actual reason yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl