P3S HUGE DISSAPPOINTMENT

I have had my P3A for 3 years now and I have had many flights out over 5,000 feet with a clear line of sight. The video is really good considering I have no extra signal boosters. There are no interference from power lines or cell phone towers. I have gotten some incredible shots of the scenery of Utah. When I consider how much money I have spent compared to the hours of flying in some incredible places I must ask everyone who is unhappy with their stock drone. What exactly do you expect? If you are flying where there is a lot of RF interference then your range and happiness will be greatly diminished. Really, what do you expect?

PsychoBob Great Point! I did not realize you have had your unit so long and had so many great flights! For some reason, I assumed or misread and thought you had just got it. I'm sorry for the mistake on my part. I hope you get any trouble worked out!

Florida. Haven't had the guts to max range test my P3S only because I have read all the mishaps and range problems with it on this forum. I'm a RF engineer by trade so I wanted to make sure the AC performed to specs RF wise (what ever conjecture is out there). I started with a P2V+. Darn glad I still have it too. My P2V+ 2.4ghz both ports are 400mw/ +26dbm each and the 5.8ghz AC control output is 50mw/17dbm unlike my P3S's 2.4ghz output only 25mw/14dbm and 5.8ghz AC control signal only 5mw/7dbm. I have purchased an additional P3S controller off eBay to find that it has the same tested RF output specs. I suspect DJI was feeling the heat so in turn drastically reduced the rage capabilities of the P3S their low line model at the time of its introduction. Why not their higher line models? AGAIN THE LITTLE GUY GETS THE SHAFT.
Range test it with Litchi you won't be disappointed.

Florida. Haven't had the guts to max range test my P3S only because I have read all the mishaps and range problems with it on this forum. I'm a RF engineer by trade so I wanted to make sure the AC performed to specs RF wise (what ever conjecture is out there). I started with a P2V+. Darn glad I still have it too. My P2V+ 2.4ghz both ports are 400mw/ +26dbm each and the 5.8ghz AC control output is 50mw/17dbm unlike my P3S's 2.4ghz output only 25mw/14dbm and 5.8ghz AC control signal only 5mw/7dbm. I have purchased an additional P3S controller off eBay to find that it has the same tested RF output specs. I suspect DJI was feeling the heat so in turn drastically reduced the rage capabilities of the P3S their low line model at the time of its introduction. Why not their higher line models? AGAIN THE LITTLE GUY GETS THE SHAFT.

Ahhh Man..
My P3P is awesome...at 2.4 ghz it will handle 10000 ft with altitude of 400 easy..I only use the 4 inch wind surfer. I have the 30 freq hack so I get the best channel available at any time.
Still running ole ver..won't let it update...not going through all that..
My advise is add a fat shark hdmi mod on drone and rc... Then you can go 5 miles if you have the battery power

Ahhh Man..
My P3P is awesome...at 2.4 ghz it will handle 10000 ft with altitude of 400 easy..I only use the 4 inch wind surfer. I have the 30 freq hack so I get the best channel available at any time.
Still running ole ver..won't let it update...not going through all that..
My advise is add a fat shark hdmi mod on drone and rc... Then you can go 5 miles if you have the battery power
BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STANDARD AND PRO. No comparison!

I have had my P3A for 3 years now and I have had many flights out over 5,000 feet with a clear line of sight. The video is really good considering I have no extra signal boosters. There are no interference from power lines or cell phone towers. I have gotten some incredible shots of the scenery of Utah. When I consider how much money I have spent compared to the hours of flying in some incredible places I must ask everyone who is unhappy with their stock drone. What exactly do you expect? If you are flying where there is a lot of RF interference then your range and happiness will be greatly diminished. Really, what do you expect?
Your P3A Is No Comparison to my P3S. "A" is a MUCH better unit. Check out the specs I posted comparing the controller RF output of my old P2V+ with my 8 month old P3S controller. Im sure your P3A has much better RF output than my P3S's controller. Buy the way I purchased a used P3S controller off Ebay and the output is the same as my original.

Last edited:
Frank........stop thinking like an engineer , put away your rf meters and other do -dads.........and go enjoy your p3s! Test out its max range in your area.......take some video......snap a few pics !

Frank........stop thinking like an engineer , put away your rf meters and other do -dads.........and go enjoy your p3s! Test out its max range in your area.......take some video......snap a few pics !
OK Will try to grow some bigger kahonas.

Reactions: Pharm
I've just got my p3s and am having range issues the first flight i got too 200 meters lost signal and RTH kicked in this was in a open field
Second flight only got to 177 meters before losing signal
I've been on to dji support but they suggest updating the firmware but i dont really want to try this after reading all problems people seem to have
Are there any other things I could try first

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj