P3S fell in saltwater. Can I salvage at all?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting here so I apologize if I break any rules unintentionally. I was flying my drone over saltwater when it appears that one of the props flew off. I definitely didn't hit anything and I found it on shore away from the drone. I always go through and check/tighten the props a second time before I fly but I think some sand may have gotten between the prop and male screw end. I got it out as quickly as I can but it was probably in the water for maybe 15 seconds but, because my girlfriend grabbed it and didn't know how to turn it off, the battery probably took another minute or so to turn off. I could smell some frying components and ran a bunch of tap water on it.

I'm on vacation and driving home right now but it'll be a couple hours before I can do much. What things can I do to potentially salvage this? Is it even worth it to try? Thanks in advance for any help.

It won't hurt to try, but it's probably toast.
Take the top cover off and dry it as good as you can with a blow dryer. Then put the whole thing into a big baggie and put in about a pound of uncooked rice. Let it sit a day or two then plug in a battery and see if there is any hope.
Good luck to you, hope you can save it.

It won't hurt to try, but it's probably toast.
Take the top cover off and dry it as good as you can with a blow dryer. Then put the whole thing into a big baggie and put in about a pound of uncooked rice. Let it sit a day or two then plug in a battery and see if there is any hope.
Good luck to you, hope you can save it.
Thanks for the advice, but I think it's pretty hopeless. My battery started to melt and I stupidly had my second close by which in turn melted. So now I've got no batteries and feel pretty hopeless altogether. I appreciate the advice though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik