P3S difficult to handle, spins in the air & generally awkward to fly

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been a long time lurker on here and have picked up loads of info, tips and best practice... some of which I even remember to use!

A couple of months back I was flying my P3S specifically to get some footage of a local football match, about half way into the flight the Phantom became very difficult to handle, spinning 360 degrees and struggling to travel in a straight line. There were trees and a nearby river so I have to admit it took a fairly heavy landing to keep it away from trouble. I have flown it again since, weather conditions were good, wind was low but had similar albeit not as severe issues - it feels like I'm having to wrestle with it at times. I had a message both times which from memory was something to do with 'max motor speed'. On the last flight it struggled to return home again once I'd given the command so I ended up having to meet it halfway across the field.

Both times my focus was on the photography not the handling (wrong priority I know!), so I didn't pay much attention until I'd finished. I've just put everything onto charge and am going to attempt a flight later to try and identify the issue or at least to get a log that shows what is going on.

But before I do that, has anyone come across this before, or what are your thoughts at where the problem could lie?

Cheers,

Justin

You really do not need to create another log. Just upload the .txt log from this flight at the link below and share a link back here to that and we can take a look and possibly see what is going on.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20