P3's compass calibration is different

Unknown1_zpsvkdf7ogd.jpg

Did DJI include the step by step instructions for compass Cal? There's no way I will remember this.

It is pretty easy. Mostly everything now is done through the DJI Pilot application. All you do is click the general settings icon to start the process and everything is exactly the same as with the P2. You can see where the icon is by viewing the manual. I think the biggest learning curve is going to be learning the DJI Pilot application. I viewed a tutorial for the Inspire one to learn about the application.

Interesting that page 44 of the P3A manual instructs you to not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration such as keys or cellular phones. But the calibration is initiated from an app running in a cell phone.

Interesting that page 44 of the P3A manual instructs you to not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration such as keys or cellular phones. But the calibration is initiated from an app running in a cell phone.
Initiated, not completed. Initiate, walk away from the bird, put controller on ground, walk back to bird, do the dance, go get the controller, take off.

PS, its a DJI c.y.a. thing. I've never not had my cell in my pocket when calibrating my V+. Nice thing about compass problems is you know immediately in the initial hover whether something is wacky.

I agree. I usually place the remote along with my cell phone at least 10 feet or more away after I've initiated the calibration. I once had trouble calibrating my compass on my Phantom 2 because I was too close to the GPS unit in my car. I had to turn the GPS off before it would calibrate.

I agree. I usually place the remote along with my cell phone at least 10 feet or more away after I've initiated the calibration. I once had trouble calibrating my compass on my Phantom 2 because I was too close to the GPS unit in my car. I had to turn the GPS off before it would calibrate.
lol. i tend to leave my car door open so i can hear music while im flying. when i'm listening to satellite radio, any time I would fly the bird near my car the radio would go silent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31