P3S and Nvidia K1 issues

Reaction score
First off my name is Anthony and this is my first post. Live in Charlotte and just purchased a new P3S couple weeks ago on sale from Best Buy for $399. So far I'm really enjoying it as my first drone but can see me upgrading next year most likely as I really enjoy it so far. I would have gone with the Pro off the bat but have a newborn on the way.

Either way, I'm very happy with my purchase and have already started with mods. I have a tablet mount on the way and in the meantime, I purchased a second hand Shield K1 as it seemed to be a popular choice. However, I cannot fly with it for some reason. I can connect but it will not stay connected. I took a brief flight with a soon crash to the ground as it just took a sharp right after take off. I've done all the calibrations needed before had.

The Phantom works perfectly with my iPhone 7 Plus as that's how I've been flying for the past couple weeks but would love a larger screen if possible. I've considered getting an iPad if need be but figured others have great luck with the Shield.

Nothing installed on the Shield other than stock apps and DJIgo app. Running Android 6.0. Any help would be great and thank you in advance.

I'm sorry you're having issues. I haven't used the DJI Go app on mine only Litchi and it's been rock solid.

Maybe another member with the k1 and DJI Go will chime in.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First off my name is Anthony and this is my first post. Live in Charlotte and just purchased a new P3S couple weeks ago on sale from Best Buy for $399. So far I'm really enjoying it as my first drone but can see me upgrading next year most likely as I really enjoy it so far. I would have gone with the Pro off the bat but have a newborn on the way.

Either way, I'm very happy with my purchase and have already started with mods. I have a tablet mount on the way and in the meantime, I purchased a second hand Shield K1 as it seemed to be a popular choice. However, I cannot fly with it for some reason. I can connect but it will not stay connected. I took a brief flight with a soon crash to the ground as it just took a sharp right after take off. I've done all the calibrations needed before had.

The Phantom works perfectly with my iPhone 7 Plus as that's how I've been flying for the past couple weeks but would love a larger screen if possible. I've considered getting an iPad if need be but figured others have great luck with the Shield.

Nothing installed on the Shield other than stock apps and DJIgo app. Running Android 6.0. Any help would be great and thank you in advance.

most likely in your android settings you will need to set wifi so it wont keep trying to find a live internet connection.

although I am unsure how or why the tablet would have caused it to go right etc...
flight controls are on the RC not the screen,
maybe the rc stick got bumped accidently

good luck and have fun flying!

It says " made for Apple" right on the box, and the nvidia shield k1 is an unsupported device... I had the same problem with app crashes. Never an actual crash, though. Sorry to hear.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It says " made for Apple" right on the box, and the nvidia shield k1 is an unsupported device... I had the same problem with app crashes. Never an actual crash, though. Sorry to hear.

almost all the good android tabs are not on the list..
Apple label is only marketing and only on the P4
Have flown over 1 year now with my shield K1 and p3P
with no issues except RC update 1.8, fixed with 1.6 revert

Standard - Phantom 3 Standard wifi unstable

NOTE:
new Phantom 4 PRO built in monitor is ANDROID not Apple!

good luck and have fun flying.

I am a new pilot as well. I use the shield K1. I have 4 flights so far with zero issues. If I run across a fix for ya I will report back.

I just had my first successful flight with the Shield. Hadn't tried since the last time. I did the 1.8 update today so figured I'd give it a go. Didn't go too far as I was a bit nervous. Very seemed to work fine although I felt I was getting weak signal but could just be me. Will keep testing. Still waiting on my tablet mount so not super important yet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've found that if I've run the DJI Go app and haven't done a force stop on it from the applications settings then if I disconnect after the first try with Litchi it has a nearly impossible time connecting again if at all.

Swiping the DJI Go app away from the running apps screen does not really 'Shutdown' DJI Go.

According to Dji the shield is one of the few approved android devices. I checked before I purchased it. Haven't had any issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey. I am up in Greensboro. Have new P3S and Nvidia Shield K1. Plan to fly this weekend. You might try resetting all default settings on Shield. Upgrade to 6.0.1 and reinstall the Go App. Will be in touch.

Hey. I am up in Greensboro. Have new P3S and Nvidia Shield K1. Plan to fly this weekend. You might try resetting all default settings on Shield. Upgrade to 6.0.1 and reinstall the Go App. Will be in touch.
I only live about a hour from you. I'm in Sandy Ridge up in Stokes county.

I dumped dji and bought litchi. Zero problems, so far. The shield is holding up nicely, too. I'm impressed by litchi interface and how easy it is to use. I tried to revert to dji go and immediately had an app crash. Never again...

So I flew yesterday and got numerous weak signal warnings at very low altitude. Nothing odd about the flights though. Did IMU calibration this AM. Flew this afternoon and all was good. Up about 350'. No warnings of any kind. So far so good. Will fly higher and further next weekend.

I did two flights yesterday in my neighborhood and get my normal interference I always get even on my iphone. But on the sheild when I was doing a RTH the DJI Go app crashed on me. Needless to say I was little worried. For the most part the shield has been doing great but I don't 100% trust it. Which I hate since I bought this tablet as its was highly rated. Not sure what to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl