P3Prof - Firmware 8&9 and Nexus 9 Tablet Drop-Outs

Reaction score
Hi all -- here is my short story and I hope it benefits those with Nexus or other tablets that have drop-outs since the June 2016 release (1.9).

I upgraded firmware from 1.8 to 1.9 in September (using firmware released in June). After doing so, my Nexus 9 after a couple minutes would begin experiencing drop-outs -- eventually to the point of having to fly blind as the tablet completely froze.

I called DJI for support. They told me that the Nexus problem is known and that a fix is in the works. In the mean time, I could roll-back the controller to version 1.6 (note that the controller version and the Aircraft firmware versions DO NOT MATCH). So, I rolled-back the Remote Controller version to 1.6 (that released with the April 1.8 release) using the GO app by long pressing on the upper right corner menu icon.

Problem is resolved!

I did not roll-back the aircraft firmware. I asked DJI about this and they said that I didn't need to and it was ok to leave it at 1.9. Sure enough -- it's fine (so far).

I noted in the 1.10 release no mention of RC upgrade or fixes -- so let's assume they are still working on fixing what they broke in that release.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers