P3pro camera issues

Reaction score
The camera issues started with...when taking first picture, it would never finish image. I could reset drone and start over with first picture before leaving ground and was able to continue taking shots with no issues until next flight. Finally the new problem was “image not transmitting” and gimbal would go limp after moving and sitting for a few seconds. I don’t know if problem is with camera or circuit board. Is there a way to test for the root cause? Everything else works fine from gimbal up..just no image. I don’t trust taking it to drone repair shop..they tend to hit you up for everything and you can’t prove any different. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hope I'm wrong but I had the problem of the camera appearing to start normally and then going limp, gimbal board was replaced by Dji with one day left on warranty.

When I had this issue it was a dodgy SD card. AC would seem to go thorough normal initiation sequence followed by camera going limp and no image transmission error displayed in app.

Similar problem today with the advanced. Camera would start to record then stop after 10 or so seconds. I think it is the SD card, as mentioned above, as it is a different one.

Does the camera initialise like normal when you turn it on?
Can you take any pictures/record any video even without the live feed?

I took p3 pro to drone repair shop and they said the board for the camera was bad. They tried to find used board that would work out of their surplus...no luck. Can’t see spending 350 for new camera assembly. Will try to find used camera and install. They said the board overheated and failed. Any suggestions on where to find one for a reasonable price? I checked ebay..not much there for reasonable price. May have to wait for prices to come down on used one. Its a shame the camera costs so much...when the drone works fine. Thanks guys for any feedback.

No. I was trying to update firmware with sd card..never got it to finish. Thats when the board issue came into play. Since the board is needed for both, I’ll have to find one. This board issue with the p3 pro is very wide spread. You would think dji would get involved with that many people with the same issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl