P3P vs Inspire1

Why is everyone interested in "Inspire" bashing?

I own a Inspire 1 and several Phantoms with lightbridge technology. I love them both, Now the phantom 3 has come out I have ordered one. I may end up finding that the phantom 3 is a compromise on size, portability and cost but that does not mean I don't love my Inspire 1

The Inspire 1 is a beast to fly compared to the Phantom 2. Inspite of everybody wanting to believe that the Inspire 1 owners are a bunch of disgruntled flyers the majority are a very happy bunch of fliers. We have been used by DJI to 'beta test' but I for one am happy as it enables the technology to trickle down. I look forward to the Inspire 2 and 3 ...

Reactions: Woods and PB30X
The inspire can fly faster (but for shorter flight time)
The Inspire can do dual pilot/camera operator jobs
The Inspire can take a different camera when/if DJI make one - but it will cost them a packet more.
... that's about it.
The Inspire is an unwieldly, heavy and overpriced quad unless you really need one of those features.
P3 batteries are certain to be cheaper than Inspire batts.
DJI has just slashed the resale value for Inspires too.
Inspire owners have paid to be beta testers for the P3 technology.
They don't have much to be happy about in the P3.
more to add
Inspire Remote can output HDMI , so that HDMI display devices can be hooked , not in P3
Inspire 1 Camera can be used with Hand held gimbal , will be released this month, not possible with P3

There is no point having dual operator support, the P3 cameras cannot be rotated 360º. Unless you think it's necessary to have someone else tilt the camera for you ; )
Yes, and... ah... the legs are in the way.... so little point in 360 gimbal.

Sorry folks, the point of me starting this thread was to meerly point out the Hugh price difference between what is in my oppinion similar technology. Had the p3p been closer to 2k then I wouldn't have seen the need for this discussion but I'll quit while I'm ahead.... Dont want to give dji any ideas about price hikes. Lol

I agree they could have priced the P3's at ~$1,500 and ~$1,800 and no one in the industry would've blinked.

Kelly

Reactions: Efecan Sonmez
Completely agree. Very aggressive move on pricing.

I think they made so mu
But there are several competitors about to be released.
DJI are sending them a very strong message.
DJI are going to make it very difficult for them to muscle in to the drone market.

Dji made the price reasonable because they made a buck-load on replacing the fragile V+ gimbal and camera. And not to mention batteries - how many of us had to throw away a $150 battery with less than 30 cycles?

But there are several competitors about to be released.
DJI are sending them a very strong message.
DJI are going to make it very difficult for them to muscle in to the drone market.
Right on the point!
DJI wants to push all other smaller emerging companies to bankruptcy

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Right on the point!
DJI wants to push all other smaller emerging companies to bankruptcy
You mean by dropping the floor out of the market when the competition has just invested heavily into designing something that will likely do less and cost more and needs a profitable return?

Reactions: Kasra A
You mean by dropping the floor out of the market when the competition has just invested heavily into designing something that will likely do less and cost more and needs a profitable return?
Exactly! Thanks for putting it in words! ;)

more to add
Inspire Remote can output HDMI , so that HDMI display devices can be hooked , not in P3
Inspire 1 Camera can be used with Hand held gimbal , will be released this month, not possible with P3
I also noticed that the Inspire has a GPS in the remote, I'm assuming the P3 uses the GPS in the attached tablet for operator position?

Are you not getting this? The camera cannot do 360º. Are you seriously thinking you want to fly while your assistant yaw's the whole craft to get the shot??

if flown in course lock or is it home lock?? ( if it has it? ) it shouldn't be an issue as orientation has no relation to flight path.

No GPS in the remote, it uses your device's GPS.

Are you sure? I mean, if you use an iPad that wasn't purchased with the additional $130 mobile data option it won't have a GPS built-in since it's the same added chip that provides both. Wifi-only iPads use seen Wifi networks to come up with an approximate guess at where you are. And this Phantom was designed for use with iPads as well as phones.

Are you sure? I mean, if you use an iPad that wasn't purchased with the additional $130 mobile data option it won't have a GPS built-in since it's the same added chip that provides both. Wifi-only iPads use seen Wifi networks to come up with an approximate guess at where you are. And this Phantom was designed for use with iPads as well as phones.
Won't be sure until I get it, but I read on the P3 forum at rcgroups.com that it uses the device's GPS. You should email DJI and ask. Maybe the list of supported devices assumes you have the one w/ the GPS built in?

Yeah, but my impression is that most people get the Wifi-only iPad, so not calling it out would suggest it's in the controller or DJI did a terrible job of listing requirements. Doesn't impact me since I do have the mobile data/GPS version of the iPad (which I bought so I could use Foreflight Mobile while flying real planes).

you make very valid points. it doesn't say anywhere in the specs whether it does or doesn't. guess we won't know for sure until someone asks them or they publish the docs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers