P3P vs Inspire1

Does anyone know if the P3's remote is interchangeable with the Inspire's? I want to know if I can take my P3 remote and operate the camera on the inspire.

According to the specs, it sounds like the P3 might have better response when flying than the Inspire. Not sure if the Inspire flies faster than the P3 but I know the P3 can fly about 50% higher.

The P3 has the same camera and I'm sure will have the same filter options.
The P3 might have a better response???
And you found that in the specs??
I can't see anything in the specs to make you come to that conclusion.
I can't even tell what you mean by might have a better response.

While you're saying the specs lead you to believe the P3 might have a better response, you say you are not sure if the Inspire flies faster than the P3
Fact check time
It doesn't take much to visit the specs and find out. If you did you would notice ...
I1 Max Speed 22 m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)
P3 Max Speed 16 m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)
You'd be a lot more persuasive if it looked like you knew what you were talking about.

Your comment about flying higher is backed up by the specs and is interesting.
I1 Max Flight Altitude 4500 m
P3 Max Altitude Above Sea Level 6000 m
I wonder what's going on there.
Is there a real physical limit that keeps the I1 from flying higher?
Weight? You'd think with the power it has, that it could fly as high as the P3.
Is it a typo?
that's possible.
Until yesterday the specs said: Diagonal size (including propellers) 689 mm
Now it has been corrected to 590 mm

I own several P2's and just got a couple Inspires in. After hearing about the P3's I can see where people who are hobbyists would be upset that they bought the Inspire. That being said, the Inspire is a fine machine to say the least. A couple of the big differences I have noticed between the P2's and Inspire is the stability. The stability of the Inspire is second to none. Also the big difference for me was the sound. I would venture to say the Inspire is at least 50% quieter that the P2. When I have that thing at 60 feet or above you can barely hear it especially while its hovering. This is huge for the professionals using a drone. I would assume the P3 is still going to sound like a hive of killer bees. Each one will have their place in the market. This reminds me of camera manufacturers. In 2012 people bought the Canon 5D MK III. Then a few months later the Canon 6D came out. Both are full frame cameras and the first one was almost double the price.

Also the big difference for me was the sound. I would venture to say the Inspire is at least 50% quieter that the P2. When I have that thing at 60 feet or above you can barely hear it especially while its hovering. This is huge for the professionals using a drone. I would assume the P3 is still going to sound like a hive of killer bees.
Testers have mentioned that the P3 is quieter than the P2's.

Does anyone know if the P3's remote is interchangeable with the Inspire's? I want to know if I can take my P3 remote and operate the camera on the inspire.
I never realized the point of having a "Second Controller" when you can fully control the camera within the app itself!

People People People....

The Reason this P3 Quad is so cheap has already been stated.

It is to ruin the competition. Just like how walmart drives out all of the competing business. They lower the prices, so that the competitors simply can't compete..

Once they drive out all of the business, they can run the prices up as high as they want to.

The Inspire IS better, but is it that much better? Dual control is a feature of professionals that want to make films, or film segments. It isn't necessary for hobby flying, or for real estate.

Getting in the landing gear out of the way is for filmmakers also.

If you just bought the inspire 1 as a hobby, I can see why you would be pissed off, but be pissed off at yourself for rushing out to buy the coolest quad anyone had ever seen.

DJI isn't the nicest, most ethical business around. We all new that. We know that phantoms fly off all the time, and DJI does nothing about it. We know that customer service is basically zero with DJI.

If you are pissed you bought the Inspire one, and now they have something cheaper that would have worked for you, the only person you have to be pissed off about is yourself...

The Inspire one is still the coolest quad out there, and you all know it. I bet you felt satisfied that you had the most futuristic personal quad everyone had ever seen. You loved that you had something more advanced than Phantom 2s

Now you are kicking yourself, but guess what? You had to have it...

Reactions: Kasra A
Why dont all the unhappy inspire owners sell on and buy a P3 with the proceeds and pocket the difference? Even if you took a 1k hit on the new price you'd get cash back. Maybe sell just the bird without remote to a happy inspire owner as a spare and keep the inspire remote for the P3 to maybe get round the fcc ce limits and get yourself an hdmi out in the process ( if it would work? )

Are the specs for the Phantom 3 wrong then? Under "Recommended Devices" it lists both iPad wifi models and wifi + cellular models.
No idea. I guess technically it will still work w/o a GPS in the device, it just won't be able to do dynamic home point, not like the bird will be unable to fly.

I'm a bit torn now over which to buy, I'll be doing paid work with whatever I do buy. I'm currently doing paid work with the V2. The 4k and the stills will be the same from both platforms, so the question is will the €2000 difference be worth the inspires added stability , horsepower and speed along with the more professional look of the platform. I know people wouldn't be paying to be looking at the Inspire itself but your image in business can worth alot .

Also I could buy the P3 and put money aside to cheaply replace the unit should it go down, wouldn't be as cheap to replace the Inspire

I
Also I could buy the P3 and put money aside to cheaply replace the unit should it go down, wouldn't be as cheap to replace the Inspire
You could buy 2 P3's so that you had a backup with you. As a customer I'd be more impressed with your backup plan than what your drone looks like if they have the same output quality.

You could buy 2 P3's so that you had a backup with you. As a customer I'd be more impressed with your backup plan than what your drone looks like if they have the same output quality.

I was using 2 phantom v2's, a v2 model and a v3. I'm now down to just the V3, hoping to claim for the lost unit on my home insurance under contents. I need to acquire another unit soon to have the cover of a back up.

I do like the idea of the 360 camera on the Inspire and the prospect of future Camera upgrades. I'm thinking maybe a P3P and keep an eye out for a used Inspire.

The P3 has the same camera and I'm sure will have the same filter options.

I don't think so. I can't see any thread on the barrel of the P3, unlike the Inspire, so can't see how you could easily add any filters.

My point is the people crying about them putting out similar, but not similar products in such a short period of time, with one being more expensive. "Each one will have their place in the market".

If you think the 5D MkIII and 6D are similar, you don't know much about either.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl