P3P snaps pictures on landing ?

Reaction score
anyone know why my P3P snaps a picture or 2 when i try hand catch it.. when looking at the logs on healthy drones or via the flight log on the ipad it got random pics of myself or my surroundings which i cant delete.

i now have to point it away from me while hand catching and sometimes hard to avoid.

Pretty sure this isn't a feature.. and only started doing it maybe 1 or 2 firmware versions ago???

currently on latest.

any help on what is going on??

Curious, my P3A doesn't do that. I'm on an older version of FW (haven't upgraded for a while). What app are you using when this happens?

Curious, my P3A doesn't do that. I'm on an older version of FW (haven't upgraded for a while). What app are you using when this happens?

latest bird firmware
P3P/iOS
DJI 3.1.1

Its annoying as hell, its happened multiple times.

i did a shoot for a friend and it snapped a few images of his warehouse inside and his all paranoid on me (has a few classic cars worth $$$$$) but it also snap some pictures of my house inside and has me curious why its doing it.. you cant delete these from the dji logs either in the app?

Here a latest one when i was hand catching at the beach over the weekend.

djiiswatching.jpg

Not much help, but I've noticed that mine does this also

Are you running the latest f/w?

Never thought about it before, but, yes your right, when I shut down, & go to my Shield, there is a last pic, taken automaticaly, that I always delete. older firmare

Reactions: Strat
They only seem to be on my ipad not the sd card as well !!?? - Like this one also from a hand catch but have others on the ground weird! - The drone took them :)... this image is last pic 2nd row down
img-1.jpg

Is this what you guys are talking about? This is what I get:

Yeah that could be an auto picture taken i have some that look like that.. seem its doing this automatically and good to know i wasn't going crazy or my P3P being funny.

Since i mostly hand catch i kept seeing my hands or my surrounding in pictures which i never took myself.

interesting why this is happening and why if dji started doing it??

i only just notice it with the last few firmware not sure when this started?

Reactions: SimonH78
My P3S does this as well, I was beginning to wonder if I had accidentally pressed camera shot button, not sure though why it happens
349bf2217dba1e7007a84a8b4ce3449c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I also have the same problem after the latest FW update, it has taken a sequence of 3 photos at least 4 times both when hand caught and ground landed? I too cannot delete them from flight log and they do not appear on sd card. Clever buggers or what?.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan