P3P replacement lens (not lens cover)

Reaction score
First post, so try to be gentle (I kid... if I'm being an idiot, tell me so. I have thick skin).

I've had my P3P for over a year. Have seemed to notice a very small smudge in videos I've taken, but never got around to actually going to inspect the camera (Here's where I was an idiot). I've never had the lens cover off until very recently when I purchased a filter set. Now, I finally get fed up tonight after taking a nice flight over a local pond and viewing the video... inspect the camera and there is a speck on the lens. Appears metallic, and it appears to be either in or behind the lens, not on the surface.

Speck is in the worst possible place. almost dead center, lower 1/3.

I'm a handy enough guy, so I looked into getting a replacement lens, but I can't seem to find one anywhere except ebay, and that doesn't leave me buying with confidence.

Can anyone recommend a good source for factory lenses? Or any other solutions that haven't occurred to me?

I tried contacting DJI, and am reminded why off shore support is many times worse than no support. Wasted many minutes to be told that I can mail the unit back to a repair center blindly. I don't feel like paying $xx in shipping only to find out that the repair is more than I want to spend and pay $xx return shipping.

Hey.. Welcome aboard..
Shouldn't be a problem buying on e bay. Paypal & e bay both cover your purchase..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4