P3P remote signal booster. Make the signal more stable?

Reaction score
hi. I just purchased my p3p . I just want to ask if a RC signal booster will make my signal more stable? If so, maybe you could suggest some good brand of signl booster that can be purchase thru amazon US? Thanks!

Reactions: impurenergy
hi. I just purchased my p3p . I just want to ask if a RC signal booster will make my signal more stable? If so, maybe you could suggest some good brand of signl booster that can be purchase thru amazon US? Thanks!
Im also interested in this as I can rarely get past 400 ft up or away in distance.....

Reactions: soothsayer1991
The short answer is, yes. I'll let the more technically advanced people explain it. ;)

Stronger more directional signal must increase signal stability with increased range and in noisy RF environments- that is why we do it. Search Range Mods on the forum, there are plenty of threads.

While it may help, I would suggest that you fly it a bit before worrying about any mods! And don't be in any hurry to upgrade firmware. The bird should fly just fine with the FW that it came with. Confirm that first as well as how far you can fly out with the stock system. Here in west central Ohio (US), I routinely get out beyond 1500-1600 meters with no boosters. Usually I still have good signal, just can't see the bird any more. Once you get some time under your belt, you can start looking into changing things.

Im also interested in this as I can rarely get past 400 ft up or away in distance.....
Even in pretty poor conditions, that's unusually poor performance for a P3A/P. Not being snide, but are you sure that you have the RC antennas positioned correctly as shown in the manual? Also, what indications do you get when you aren't getting good range, dropped video, lost connection, 'strong interference' warnings?

Thanks for all the reply. I forgot to say that im talking about the signal booster that can be bought in amazon that looks like a foil for $10 bucks lol. I still dont have a plan on flying of more than 400ft of altitute and more than 1200 ft of distance. still practicing lol

Just bought and received my signal booster, paid £2.00 from China off eBay. Not tried it yet but will let you know how I get on.

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl