P3P onwers - think twice before upgrading firmware

Sounds like the typical "I updated and now there are problems" issue. Glad I'm not required to update. Not condemning updating, just glad I'm free not to.

According to DJI Main Dealer I just spent today in - trying to get my P3P fixed after it bricked :

The P3P has had 3 versions in its production time ... and the Ver 1 +2 can suffer failures from the 3 generation FW's. DJI FW is based on Version 3 and not 1 + 2 anymore. This can lead to 1 or 2 of the modules in the Gimbal failing, which they are seeing more often now.
According to them - Updating FORWARD is relatively safe but 'he' advised personally to not update unless really necessary. On the subject of 'roll-back' - which I was honest and told him I had attempted : his answer was OK with older FW but not with latest - those two modules are more likely to be damaged.
He also mentioned that recent DJI programming increases the difficulty to roll-back.
He admitted that DJI are concentrating more on 4th generation and the 'Mavic' with P3's taking less DJI time.

His advice to me : Don't muck about with the P3P ... the problem that I had which started my quest to 'roll-back' is a Tablet problem where the P3P demands high spec than DJI admit. My problem was freezing / unreliable / broken video feed.

Please don't shoot the 'messenger' .... I am only repeating what was said to me by DJI guy ...

Reactions: airbender
OK. I followed the debug method to downgrade from the latest firmware (AC) to the November/16 firmware (1.10.90) which I found to be the best ever given the vast improvement on video and image processing over the prior versions. It worked FLAWLESSLY using the DEBUG hack.
Now, I am working on the RC downgrade. Unfortunately, it forces me to go to from 1.9.2 (latest) to 1.6. It failed to download 1.8. What I want is the matching version that was the latest back in November 16. Not sure what number that is.

Try this it work for me. now trying to got back to downgrade my p3

According to DJI Main Dealer I just spent today in - trying to get my P3P fixed after it bricked :

The P3P has had 3 versions in its production time ... and the Ver 1 +2 can suffer failures from the 3 generation FW's. DJI FW is based on Version 3 and not 1 + 2 anymore. This can lead to 1 or 2 of the modules in the Gimbal failing, which they are seeing more often now.
According to them - Updating FORWARD is relatively safe but 'he' advised personally to not update unless really necessary. On the subject of 'roll-back' - which I was honest and told him I had attempted : his answer was OK with older FW but not with latest - those two modules are more likely to be damaged.
He also mentioned that recent DJI programming increases the difficulty to roll-back.
He admitted that DJI are concentrating more on 4th generation and the 'Mavic' with P3's taking less DJI time.

His advice to me : Don't muck about with the P3P ... the problem that I had which started my quest to 'roll-back' is a Tablet problem where the P3P demands high spec than DJI admit. My problem was freezing / unreliable / broken video feed.

Please don't shoot the 'messenger' .... I am only repeating what was said to me by DJI guy ...
What is being said here should really become a sticky. It appears even DJI is stating not to update unless necessary, at least, as far as the 3 series goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart