P3P is not as stable after update

Reaction score
I updated my P3P firmware last night and did a test flight this morning. I have to say that it is only at acceptable hovering accuracy. It did not drift a lot or got that toilet bowl effect however the performance is not as rock solid stable like before the update. I did IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and compass dance. VPS on or off did not improve the performance. Is anyone having this reduced performance from P3P? DJI please work on a more reliable update!

I have the same experience. There is also some problem with height stability. I often start of my balcony. After the update, when I returned to my take off spot, the height was 7.9 meters. Before the update, I always returned and height was 0m. During the flight, phantom was descending from time to time. It also took longer time to set homepoint.

Same here. Fly yesterday with VPS on and my P3P goes lower and lower without my input. Maybe turning VPS off is a solution. I will test it later.

I have the same experience. There is also some problem with height stability. I often start of my balcony. After the update, when I returned to my take off spot, the height was 7.9 meters. Before the update, I always returned and height was 0m. During the flight, phantom was descending from time to time. It also took longer time to set homepoint.
Yes exactly, now it is longer to even get a signal from camera gimbal to Pilot app. I mean the slightly longer start up time is not really and issue but still. Are updates meant to improve the system stability and performance as well as fixing bugs? Now DJI has got me confused.

Reactions: Bebeone
Same here. Fly yesterday with VPS on and my P3P goes lower and lower without my input. Maybe turning VPS off is a solution. I will test it later.
I don't know if it is me but whether VPS on or off, I can notice a slightly performance reduce versus previous updates. I am feeling like I'm controlling the previous Phantom 2 (no offence to P2 users). The active braking is still there but I am somehow not happy with my P3P at the moment. This is so wrong.

We've had rainy weather since I updated 2 days ago. Sunny today, however - and I'll test my P3P out and will let you know.
I am wondering if everyone is having this issue ...

We've had rainy weather since I updated 2 days ago. Sunny today, however - and I'll test my P3P out and will let you know.
I am wondering if everyone is having this issue ...
Please do let us know if there is any changes in performance as well so that we would be able to demand a new firmware update from DJI :)

Do you guys not bother to read any of the posts in this forum? You wouldn't have to look hard to find out there are issues with the latest firmware.
I understand your frustration when it comes to many threads on the same topic. Please advise me in any way so that I will be able to improve my skills in using the "Search" feature in the forum. Otherwise, you can try not to go through the post you are not interested in to save you some time. Believe it or not, I am a very detail oriented person, that is the reason I have gone through all posts about the firmware update. There were advises about "Turning VPS off" to avoid the problem. However, in my post, I have mention a performance reduce with boh VPS on and off. From my point of view, I would think it is "a little" difference compared to other firmware update issue posts. Mine has problem with "VPS on and off" remember? So, I simply think I would deserve to ask from out members on this forum for my problem on one side, and with firmware problem some of the members are experiencing on another side. I know there are problems with the update but I'd like to keep my stuff up to date that is all. Beta tester I don't mind. But that is just me. Please also advise me on what do I have to do/adjust to get rid off the problem? I would be very much appreciated !
Nick,

I
I was thinking the same thing. Since the forum has been dominated by FW issue threads since Monday, at first I thought that this thread was a joke.

We for sure want to encourage anyone to post with questions or info for the community, but even the slightest amount of scrolling through the threads would have revealed these FW issues widely known.
I have pointed out which issue I am facing at the moment. And the issue is a reduce in the aircraft performance. VPS on or off is one of the consequences which goes along with the firmware update which I have gathered throught other posts. My post is intended to be about on performance issue on other P3P owners. The problem has not been solved by VPS off

I

I have pointed out which issue I am facing at the moment. And the issue is a reduce in the aircraft performance. VPS on or off
Are you talking hovering @ 10ft or are you talking hovering @ 50ft?

I have scrolled thru the forum down to page 5, there is no dedicated thread for problems with new firmware 1.2.6 on P3P.

Reactions: zincsoldier
Flew my P3 Wednesday and everything was dialed, took it out yesterday and it wouldn't stop doing the hula dance. Thought maybe it was my props, thought maybe it was my hangover wearing off, then i remembered that when i took off to fly my iPad was yelling at me saying everything needs to be updated. Went ahead and did the annoying update and it still isn't as stable as it was before but it was definitely a lot better. Picking up a new set of props today, hoping that will cure my hula dancing P3.

Are you talking hovering @ 10ft or are you talking hovering @ 50ft?
3 metres (10 feet) and more than 10 feet I have tried with both VPS on and off. I acknowledge that VPS only works under 3 metres so I am wondering about the problem here.

3 metres (10 feet) and more than 10 feet I have tried with both VPS on and off. I acknowledge that VPS only works under 3 metres so I am wondering about the problem here.
Sorry dude you're going to have to take a video of your bird doing this. I can't visualize what you're talking about.

Flew my P3 Wednesday and everything was dialed, took it out yesterday and it wouldn't stop doing the hula dance. Thought maybe it was my props, thought maybe it was my hangover wearing off, then i remembered that when i took off to fly my iPad was yelling at me saying everything needs to be updated. Went ahead and did the annoying update and it still isn't as stable as it was before but it was definitely a lot better. Picking up a new set of props today, hoping that will cure my hula dancing P3.
Hope you had a good night #hangover :) Yeh there is something really annoying with this update. It is not really a disaster but to me it is not to my expectation.

Sorry dude you're going to have to take a video of your bird doing this. I can't visualize what you're talking about.
Okay I would try to make a brief descripion of this. Simply it is not stable on hovering at any heights, the aircraft would struggle to keep the position and a little bit of wobbling maybe to try to stick to the position. It is like having the first sight of VRS. The aircraft will stick the the position in GPS mode but it looks like it is wobbling. Hope you understand me, English is not really my first language. :(

Reactions: clkilljoy
weird. sounds like IMU to me. I'd try recalibrating the bird, cold.

I also tried calbrating when it is cold (left overnight). After that I checked IMU status and it is normal. Very strange :(

I'd still like to see a video of what you're talking about.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic