P3P Gimbal has no effect in FPV mode!

Reaction score
Please help! Iv had my P3P since May and in the early firmware versions I could change the follow gimbal mode to FPV to get the banked turn effect during flying. For a while now i've noticed that if I change the Gimbal mode from "follow" to "fpv" it has no effect at all! Iv updated latest firmware several times including the last one this week, but changing the gimbal mode still has no effect. I've tried everything I can think of, IMU calibration, Gimbal calibration... but I still have the problem! The P3P has never been crashed, not even a slight bump, its as mint as it was when first bought. Anyone any suggestions??? Many thanks

Please help! Iv had my P3P since May and in the early firmware versions I could change the follow gimbal mode to FPV to get the banked turn effect during flying. For a while now i've noticed that if I change the Gimbal mode from "follow" to "fpv" it has no effect at all! Iv updated latest firmware several times including the last one this week, but changing the gimbal mode still has no effect. I've tried everything I can think of, IMU calibration, Gimbal calibration... but I still have the problem! The P3P has never been crashed, not even a slight bump, its as mint as it was when first bought. Anyone any suggestions??? Many thanks
I had the same problem on an older firmware update and when I checked it always went back instead of staying on FPV. I haven't tried it yet on with the latest firmware and Go app though.

I had the same problem on an older firmware update and when I checked it always went back instead of staying on FPV. I haven't tried it yet on with the latest firmware and Go app though.

Can you check it and see if you still have the same problem?

I just bought a Phantom 3P, and have the exact same problem. At least here in my house. I flew it yesterday, but didn't try FPV mode. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THAT MODE TOO.

I saw one thread where an IMU calibration fixed it. I've seen several, "It was working but the latest firmware update has it stuck in "Follow Mode" (Which is amazing). I haven't seen anyone say it WASN'T working, and a firmware update fixed it.

I haven't done an IMU calibration, because the diagnostics days it doesn't need it. I'll try it, and I guess I should byte (LOL) the bullet and update the firmware. Drone, Romote, Battery, everything.

Any other advice?

I'm worried that a lot of people don't use this mode, so we don't have very much data about how common it is, and what can fix it. Flying by external reference in GPS P Mode, and you really don't need it. It self levels, maintains altitude, etc. I don't even know whether FPV mode, will follow the pitch too, or just the roll. If there was a "Gimble Off" switch, I'd use that, and put the plastic locking cover on. LOL

I've asked the questions on many forums now but still no luck with a solution. Ive also tried DJI but no response from them as usual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.