P3P, Gimbal Disconnected, No SD, No Video

This is from RC forum translated from Polish is go pro hacking software going to be a help or is this referring to a different part of the software.

Well, it's a pity that the topic is not mentioned that this is about p3 pro / adv. For the 'standard' version the method is known. Generally, in the moments of inspiration, I am slowly picking something up with this topic; first and foremost, I look at the firmware that is part of the drone. It seems that there are a few basic 'types' of components that are in the firmware package in different versions depending on the version of the hardware: main controller ldr main controller app gimbal battery controller electronic speed control radio transmitter vps camera vps sonar FPGA air camera (and camera encoder) video transcoder MCU (I got the name from some Russian which also played with it) For now, I looked at the camera firmware in more detail (it's the largest one - I thought it was from RC before). This is the firmware for the Ambarella A9SE SoC chip, and therefore the same as in the GoPro Hero4. Firmware contains a posix RTOS system, so there is also a network stack - but I do not know if it is controlled by a transciever in the drone. In any case, GoPro is popular and many people are modifying them, hence there are tools to play with this particular block.
Hi, did you resolve with your problem on gimbal board? I have the same problem

I had the same problem when I tried to drop back on updates. When I got done I had no video it said gimbal bad. I tried everything people told me I burned out the gimbal board. I was so upset I searched everything. I found something on you tube that said that I should reformat SD card. But I couldn’t because it said gimbal disconnected. I formatted my card on a spare camera that I happen to have and presto every thing was restored. Worked for me.

I had the same problem when I tried to drop back on updates. When I got done I had no video it said gimbal bad. I tried everything people told me I burned out the gimbal board. I was so upset I searched everything. I found something on you tube that said that I should reformat SD card. But I couldn’t because it said gimbal disconnected. I formatted my card on a spare camera that I happen to have and presto every thing was restored. Worked for me.
hi, can you explain better what it means? "I formatted my card on a spare camera that I happen to have and presto every thing was restored. Worked for me."
Thank you

hi, can you explain better what it means? "I formatted my card on a spare camera that I happen to have and presto every thing was restored. Worked for me."
Thank you

I found a YouTube video that told me he had the same problem and that without sd card in place everything worked. So he powered up then inserted sd card and reformatted card using the app and it worked. That did not work for me but I have a extra camera from a p3 advance put that camera on drone pulled that as card inserted the other reformatted that switched cameras. Put pro camera back on with formatted card in and it worked. Just did this last night after many days of sweating over no video. If you know someone with pro or advanced have them format for you. Tried my computer but that did no work. You might try powering up without card in place and see if that works. Jack from Massachusetts

I found a YouTube video that told me he had the same problem and that without sd card in place everything worked. So he powered up then inserted sd card and reformatted card using the app and it worked. That did not work for me but I have a extra camera from a p3 advance put that camera on drone pulled that as card inserted the other reformatted that switched cameras. Put pro camera back on with formatted card in and it worked. Just did this last night after many days of sweating over no video. If you know someone with pro or advanced have them format for you. Tried my computer but that did no work. You might try powering up without card in place and see if that works. Jack from Massachusetts
Hi Jack thank you for the answer, i do not know what was your problem with the P3P, but i can tell you mine: 1) no live feed on the tablet. 2) No led on the gimbal board (no red, no green... nothing, OFF) 3) The fan off. 4) SD SLOT does not work..... did you have theese same problems of mine. Paolo from Roma Italy :)

Hi Jack thank you for the answer, i do not know what was your problem with the P3P, but i can tell you mine: 1) no live feed on the tablet. 2) No led on the gimbal board (no red, no green... nothing, OFF) 3) The fan off. 4) SD SLOT does not work..... did you have theese same problems of mine. Paolo from Roma Italy :)

Yes same problem

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not the same problem but lead me to my fix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31