P3P Focus Defect!

That is why I would never buy DJI's product again. Their quality control suck, and when you have a problem, well let's just say your are on your own

That is why I would never buy DJI's product again. Their quality control suck, and when you have a problem, well let's just say your are on your own
Well yes their quality control suck but they do build nice drones.
Start RMA case and ask for replacement.

Has anyone found a fix for this focus issue? I noticed this problem with my Phantom 3 Pro camera. The right side of the image is soft. If you look at the left side of the image with the power lines, and follow the power lines to the right side of the image. You will see the left side is sharp and the right side of the image is blurry. DJI wants me to send the unit in. Will they fix this problem or just replace the camera and send it back to me without testing? :S

Attachments

• DJI_0064.jpg
    DJI_0064.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 333
Has anyone found a fix for this focus issue? I noticed this problem with my Phantom 3 Pro camera. The right side of the image is soft. If you look at the left side of the image with the power lines, and follow the power lines to the right side of the image. You will see the left side is sharp and the right side of the image is blurry. DJI wants me to send the unit in. Will they fix this problem or just replace the camera and send it back to me without testing? :S
They will replace the camera, without telling you what they did and just ship back. I marked my camera discretely to see if they replaced mine. They did. It sucks that we can get a RMA report or something.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
They will replace the camera, without telling you what they did and just ship back. I marked my camera discretely to see if they replaced mine. They did. It sucks that we can get a RMA report or something.
Oh so they replaced the entire Phantom? Not just fixing the camera alone? Wow... Talk about lazy lol

Back in the P2V days it was easy to just remove the camera and send it back. I sent back the first two before I got one that was in focus across both sides and the middle. I only had one P2V+ and it was ok. My first P3P was fine. After it crashed (1.5 FW bug after 170 flights), the second was soft all over - sent it back. The 3rd one is ok. It is a pain but do not settle. It's a flying camera and has to be in focus.

I'll be sending my Phantom 3 Pro out tomorrow. I hope they get my Phantom quickly. The prepaid label says FedEx ground. Not sure how fast that will be lol.

Here is what I have for the customer information form. Going to print it now and place it into the package tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2016-01-29 23.21.34.png
    2016-01-29 23.21.34.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 289

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers