P3P firmware update, limp gimbal, flashing red battery light

Reaction score
OK so I go to upgrade to 1.7.0060, put it on the SD card, P3P going through the normal upgrade process and taking a long time as usual. I go out to find some Easter Eggs outside, come in, and the upgrade is done, flashing green light, all good. I upgrade the controller from the app, all good. I go outside and I cannot get an image. I can connect and start the motors but no video signal. I notice the gimbal is limp. I reboot the bird and see if that helps, nothing, same issue. I noticed when I tried to power down the drone I get a flashing red light on the battery and a delay when I shut down. I have not seen this before. I have tried using other batteries, same issue. I have tried to do the firmware upgrade again but I get “The firmware on the SD card is identical….” Tried rebooting several times, tried upgrading firmware several times. I have uploaded the videos here of the bootup and the shut down process.

I am stumped as to what is the issue. Can anyone help? I have tried to downgrade the firmware version by forcing a firmware upgrade but that is not working as well. Take a look at the videos and let me know if anyone has seen this before.

Startup:

Shutdown

Thank you,

Had the same problem after this firmware upgrade. When i try to install it again it shows in the detaillog that devices 8 and 15 can t be found..... Any ideas ??

The answer is simple from my other posts, never ever upgrade your firmware, your fpv will shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Power down Phantom, Remove SD card, Restart.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got the exact same issue with my P3P after upgrading to 1.7 this week. Have been running without problems for a year on 1.4. Can't find any way to downgrade. Have tried reseating all the cables to the gibmal but that didn't help either. How can a firmware update screw things so bad!

It's strange how some have had these issues and others it works great. I updated without an issue with it taking but I have had some glitchy stuff go on while flying that I never had with 1.6

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: shockwave199
It's strange how some have had these issues and others it works great. I updated without an issue with it taking but I have had some glitchy stuff go on while flying that I never had with 1.6

Exactly, I never faced any issue during update, fingers crossed.

It looks people miss out certain steps or we follow undocumented steps. No idea, I m worried and concerned. Logically installer should check the prerequisites and warn for any wrong steps/ missing step.Or hardware differences are causing such issues?

General instructions for A/C FW completion are that it starts making different sounds. I never could hear the difference or didn't care for the difference, I always waited for the gimbal LED to turn solid green and then switched off battery. This worked always.

Last edited:
I updated without an issue with it taking but I have had some glitchy stuff go on while flying that I never had with 1.6

Such as?

Lol, a couple of compass errors, with a reduction of propulsion. Every thing come back to life, but it's in an area I frequent and have never run into that issue before. I might just be a paranoid update kind of person also, but it's like hearing a new noise in your vehicle. Always wondering what the f is going on now..

I thought that my gimbal connection cable was faulty after receiving 'NO SiNGAL'

Same thing here, also changed ribbon , no pic , Says gimbal gyro problem and don't know what to do .....

I'm going to bed, I will try to tomorrow, thanks though....

try to downgrade to 1.6 . you cannot downgrade to versions down

this is issue entails the upgrade to 1.7. So for the solution downgrade to 1.6

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl