P3P ESC error, not resolved by v1.11.30 FW

Reaction score
I recently purchased a "broken" Phantom 3 Pro and have been trying to fix it. Everything is working so far except for I am receiving the ESC error when attempting motor startup. I installed v1.11.30 FW and that didn't make a difference.

Condition of the P3P:

- All circuit boards seems okay visually, but the water indicator sticker above the battery compartment is red
- No visible corrosion or burnt out parts.
- I checked the DAT logs and it's the two rear motors that have the ESC status of 0 (front motors status are 31 or 32).
- It is also apparent that previous owner replaced the two rear motors by twisting/taping the wires. I re-spliced and soldered them but haven't seen a difference.

I am out of ideas, other than replacing the main center board. Also, I don't own a multimeter so I haven't measured anything in the circuits, if that's the last resort then I'll get one, but wanted to see if anyone has other ideas here first. Thanks!

Reactions: brigerdrones
A bit of cleaning inside with WD40 might help - put a bit on cotton wool wrapped in soft fabric (lens cloth) and dab it around all the circuit boards - as the indicator suggests there has been moisture in there.

THIS is a great trouble shooting chart....
Thank you for replying, but I did wipe down everything I could with isopropyl when I first took it apart. Unfortunately it didn't do the trick.

I recently purchased a "broken" Phantom 3 Pro and have been trying to fix it. Everything is working so far except for I am receiving the ESC error when attempting motor startup. I installed v1.11.30 FW and that didn't make a difference.

Condition of the P3P:

- All circuit boards seems okay visually, but the water indicator sticker above the battery compartment is red
- I checked the DAT logs and it's the two rear motors that have the ESC status of 0 (front motors status are 31 or 32).
- It is also apparent that previous owner replaced the two rear motors by twisting/taping the wires. I re-spliced and soldered them but haven't seen a difference.

I am out of ideas, other than replacing the main center board. Also, I don't own a multimeter so I haven't measured anything in the circuits, if that's the last resort then I'll get one, but wanted to see if anyone has other ideas here first. Thanks!
Did you carefully strip the enameling (coating) from the motor wires before resplicing? We don’t recommend splicing, but if it’s done that enameling needs to come off with sand paper or some other means.

Did you carefully strip the enameling (coating) from the motor wires before resplicing? We don’t recommend splicing, but if it’s done that enameling needs to come off with sand paper or some other means.
That might be it... I just cut, twisted and soldered. I didn't know there was a coating on the wires but that would explain why the solder had trouble sticking. I'll give it a shot.

Condition of the P3P:

Are you're referring to the Motor:Status data that DatCon reports? If so, a value of 0 indicates normal. I don't know what 31 or 32 means, but it's not normal. Did you take a look at the eventLog. It should contain something like this
19.890 : 14 ESC0 link up||
-19.878 : 15 ESC1 link up||
-19.867 : 15 ESC2 link up||
-19.855 : 16 ESC3 link up||
-19.855 : 16 esc alive info = 0xf||
-18.885 : 64 ESC0 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"
-18.885 : 64 Loader = [V00.00.01.01]
-18.885 : 64 Firmware = [V01.10.00.00] ||
-18.877 : 65 ESC1 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"
-18.877 : 65 Loader = [V00.00.01.01]
-18.877 : 65 Firmware = [V01.10.00.00] ||
-18.868 : 65 ESC2 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"
-18.868 : 65 Loader = [V00.00.01.01]
-18.868 : 65 Firmware = [V01.10.00.00] ||
-18.860 : 66 ESC3 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"

Isn't it nice for the OP to actually tell us that the issue was solved for once ? All too often one is left wondering what happen ed ?

I used a x-acto knife and also bench grinder to remove enamel
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope you put a bit of heat-shrink sleeve on the joints as they are very adjacent to each other - unlike the guy in the video!

• Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers