P3P, DBS Mods ITElite noob

Reaction score
So after getting my P3P a few weeks ago (maybe only 2 weeks) I already ordered those copper shield things for the antenna's and they helped for sure.

I'm not looking to break records, but unlike every long distance video I see online, I'm in a normal city, not the hills of Africa :) or the country side of Virginia.. I live in S.FL. Fort Lauderdale area, not NYC but there are houses and trees all around.

I'd like to get .5 miles in these conditions and hoping the ITELlite would do it for me?

I changed my channel frequency which helps a little and climb to about 300-400 feet and making sure I'm aiming at the drone.

So my question is, does it really work? It's not 20 bucks like the copper ones that slip on, its 100 bucks and still not powered/boosted.

Or should I just do it all and get the boosted/powered version for 300 bucks?

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks

I have the ITELITE for my phantom 3 standard. It is not made for the P3P or P3A. There are two different types of antenna, one being the standard P3S and P34k signal, and the other being the P3A and P3P signal known as lightbridge. I don't know much about the signals, but I do know that the ITELITE DBS Mod will not work for lightbridge drones.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

wait... what??

it's right on their website

drone-antennas

for the advanced and pro.

Hmm, that's new. If everything looks okay, go for it. I used to get 3/4 mile range with my P3S stock, and now I can get around 3 miles before losing signal in a coastal Southern California city.

Thanks, but you do bring up a good point, does the new antenna still use lightbridge technology?

Thanks, but you do bring up a good point, does the new antenna still use lightbridge technology?

If it is specifically made for the higher tier P3 models and the Inspire, both of which use lightbridge, it will still utilize the same technology. One thing to note is that the Antenna is very directional, at least on the Standard version. You have to point it right at the drone to get good results.

awesome.. so Jake what do you recommend for a congested residential area? again not looking to break records and don't mind aiming the antenna where the drone is, but I'd like an increase.

The power output for your antenna's are the same as stock I assume, I mean its plugging into the same connector correct? curious how that makes it any better? and this is talking about the non boosted version you guys sell.

Thanks

I purchased the intelite antenna for my P3 pro from Maxx UAV above and love it, I havent tried it super long distance yet but I do know I flew 5400 feet out and had to have the phantom up around the 400 feet mark to make it out that far and then even then I lost signal once or twice around 3/4 of the way out after putting on the intelite antenna I tried the same distance going up to only around 100 feet and had full signal all the way out, I did go with the stock P3 pro around 9800 feet with just the windsurfer antenna but was up somewhere around 700 to 800 feet up before being able to get out that far, gonna try it again with the intelite antenna on now but expecting way better signal strength with it, I just like the idea that I dont lose any signal now even at low heights after going out around the 5000 feet distance as I would before

Where was this at if you dont mind me asking? beach over the ocean? farm lands?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj