P3P Controlling Gimbal Pitch When RC Out of Range

To add to the above, any actions you choose to do at way-points will not happen, when you don't have a RC Connection.

Rod
Yeah, I over looked your answer, I thought you said, gimbal setings won't work when you loose RC Signal.

Rod

And we have all answered that question appropriately. You can't. The RC MUST be connected for the programed gimbal angles in the waypoint actions to function. Once the signal is lost, the gimbal will return to 0 degrees.

This is a mission from Sunday.
Mission Hub - Litchi

What I do on most of my missions,
Way Point#1 , Gimbal Pitch Interpolate -30.
All Way Points that follow, Gimbal Pitch Disabled

One from the past.
Mission Hub - Litchi
All Way Points, gimbal Pitch Disabled.
I soon as its on its way, I adjust the gimbal angle and stays right were I left it.

Rod

@RodPad ......and the above #22 completes all programmed gimbal angles throughout the mission, and after complete signal loss? Just trying to clarify what you are saying.

@RodPad ......and the above #22 completes all programmed gimbal angles throughout the mission, and after complete signal loss? Just trying to clarify what you are saying.

" completes all programmed gimbal angles throughout the mission, and after complete signal loss? "
If you look at my missions I shared, you will see that I have no way-point actions after way-point #1

"Just trying to clarify what you are saying"
I'm saying if you the Phantom looses RC signal, the gimbal angle stays at the last position during the mission until it reconnects to the RC and of coarse the app is still active.

So let somebody else test it and they can stay within VLOS.

#1 Make a mission and test it.
#2 Set your gimbal angles through the mission with at a lot of way-points.
#3 Record with video
#4 Mission is at a slow speed 1mph?
#5 Mission end is to land.
#6 Run Mission

THEN

Run the same mission, and if you dare, turn of the remote, that is the same as the Phantom loosing signal from the RC.

I say and I believe from my missions the gimbal angle stays the same when the Phantom looses the RC signal.

Somebody prove me wrong. ;)

Rod

Reactions: With The Birds
I'm saying if you the Phantom looses RC signal, the gimbal angle stays at the last position during the mission until it reconnects to the RC and of coarse the app is still active.
I know this is true for speed changes. It remains at the speed that it was when signal was lost. The missions you shared use curved turns and your gimbal is set to interpolate. Actions won't work with curved turns anyway as you know, and there are no POI's in your mission's. If you did use POI's, those are considered waypoint actions and will not work. Essentially what you are doing is setting a "default" gimbal angle and leaving it there. Setting the gimbal to interpolate will work in the scenario that you are using in your missions. That could work for the OP, assuming he does not want any other angles.

Reactions: RodPad
Ok I did some pretty in depth test today and short answer, my original assumption was wrong. I kinda owe Fly Dawg an apology and I think RodPad may have hit on it. From my test today I flew a path of 14 different waypoints at different heights crossing around 1 poi at 3ft. As the drone passed by the poi (at a very low speed and safe altitude) I powered off the controller (signal loss). The funny thing is as far as I can tell the gimbal doesn't immediately jump to zero until it reacquires signal. I guess this makes sense with the gimal control on the controller being spring loaded it is resetting to the controller orientation. As said before you can hit waypoints without signal but poi height isn't saved afaik. If OP has enough time and space to do test runs and map the waypoints correctly you could have the drone drop in altitude before it loses signal and maintain focus through waypoints as signal is lost and have it refocus.

The more I think about it that sounds like a bad idea of being without signal and moving around too much.

BTW this was with Litchi Android version 4.9.0-g on a Note3 running Android Nougat 7.1.2 and a Phantom 3 Standard.

YMMV

@Net-Jester,

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

I created a mission with 14 waypoints and 5 POI (2.7 miles and 15 minutes flight time). I set gimbal pitch to disabled on all waypoints and then manually moved the gimbal pitch to -42 prior to mission uploaded. The RC loss signal for about 4 minutes but the gimbal pitch never changed from -42 degrees. I am running the latest Litchi version as of this date.

I created a mission with 14 waypoints and 5 POI (2.7 miles and 15 minutes flight time). I set gimbal pitch to disabled on all waypoints and then manually moved the gimbal pitch to -42 prior to mission uploaded. The RC loss signal for about 4 minutes but the gimbal pitch never changed from -42 degrees. I am running the latest Litchi version as of this date.

That's kind of how I got started.
One other concept, and it kinda came up on this thread.

Set up your POI's plan your mission like normal, adjust your wp locations and elevation to all be (example -42). Then disable all waypoints or maybe set the first to -42 and the rest disabled.

Addition, all of you a familiar with VLM?
Virtual Litchi Mission Viewer (VLM)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl