P3P Controller USB Port

Reaction score
Hi, I have been loaned a P3P from my brother-in-law to learn how to use it and then teach him. The controller does not have a normal USB port on it and only has a micro USB port. Without the normal USB port I can only connect my iPhone by WiFi. Can this be upgraded? It appears to be a removable module on the underside of the controller.

Here is a picture of the connection on the controller

Attachments

• DDD73DE0-38FB-451E-B024-324E9145B058.jpeg
    DDD73DE0-38FB-451E-B024-324E9145B058.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 152
Hi, I have been loaned a P3P from my brother-in-law to learn how to use it and then teach him. The controller does not have a normal USB port on it and only has a micro USB port. Without the normal USB port I can only connect my iPhone by WiFi. Can this be upgraded? It appears to be a removable module on the underside of the controller.
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like either you have the wrong RC for a P3P or maybe you don’t have a P3P. What is the RC model?

If you actually have a P3-4K (not a P3P) and if your RC is a GL358wB, you will need to connect via WiFi rather than a cable.

FYI - click here for a chart that I developed a few years ago.

Thank you Oso, this RC is a GL358wB just as you said it might be. I wasn't sure what model this AC was, it does have Phantom 4K on the front it I assumed it was a pro. Next I will be trying to update the firmware. When I run the DJI Go app it asked to download firmware 1.6.50 but I am not able to click the 'Start Download' button at the bottom of the page. I assumed I would have to connect my phone to be able to start the download. The about page shows the current firmware is 1.0.10+

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj