P3P camera views but no photo/video possible

Reaction score
A couple months ago my P3P got stuck in a tree. I was buying a P4 so I haven't got back to playing with it until today. In short, I can fly and see through the camera on my iPad but I can't take still shots or shoot video.

• When I use the still camera shutter button, the screen goes black, then I hear a shutter sound. After about five seconds, the camera returns to the image I see on the camera through the iPad.
  • When I use the video function, nothing happens at all except the screen goes black. Ten seconds later it times out, displays the image seen by the camera, and changes itself to still camera mode.
  • I've Reset the camera functions multiple times.
  • I have the latest firmware and I've tried earlier ones.
  • I've put two new ribbon cables in where the camera hooks into the P3 body (and I now have this camera mounted to a P3A instead of a P3P so the body isn't an issue.)
  • The camera initializes just fine and all gimbal functions appear to be working correctly. I can fly and view -- just not take pictures or do video.
I opened up the camera at the gimbal and the base but those cables look good. There is a chance moisture got in while it was in the tree and someone in another conference mentioned there was a moisture meter inside which I can't find inside the camera.

So ...
  • What am I missing?
  • Is there anyone here that can repair and test cameras?

Last edited:
"When I use the still camera shutter button, the screen goes black, then I hear a shutter sound. After about five seconds, the camera returns to the image I see on the camera through the iPad."

Sounds like a long exposure time is set somehow. After you hear the shutter sound, is an image actually being captured?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl