P3P BIT THE DUST

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
The compass issue was at the very end of the flight. The data just ended there and shows no altitude drop. The full forward elevator just prior did not help the situation. It started loosing altitude with that.

Capture.PNG

Im by no means an expert at reading flight logs but looking at the battery levels, started 90% and dropped to 64% in only 5 minutes? Is that normal?

it was hovering before it did the death dive, Then I intervened.
According to the graph above you supposedly intervened around 10 seconds before the end of the data. Yes it was hovering but after the full forward throttle the data stops.

According to the graph above you supposedly intervened around 10 seconds before the end of the data. Yes it was hovering but after the full forward throttle the data stops.
Back to my battery question, is it possible the full throttle forward resulted in a temporary low voltage situation which caused everything to shut down and hence the sudden stop of data?

is it possible the full throttle forward resulted in a temporary low voltage situation which caused everything to shut down and hence the sudden stop of data?
No. Battery levels were normal long after that.

battery.PNG

Reactions: 3rdof5

I don't get this data, I accelerated the drone, let go off throttle, stopped then suddenly veered and accelerated towards the ground, my hand was not on the stick when it did this but I did grabbed the right stick before impact; I have been flying DJI for 4 years; from P3P to M600, I don't panic.

Something went wrong with the compass. And yes there was an abnormal battery drain rate. I do appreciate your input.
P3P 11272018.JPG

Reactions: 3rdof5
I don't get this data, I accelerated the drone, let go off throttle, stopped then suddenly veered and accelerated towards the ground, my hand was not on the stick when it did this but I did grabbed the right stick before impact; I have been flying DJI for 4 years; from P3P to M600, I don't panic.
That is what I am trying to tell you. The data ends before your description of veering to the ground. Below, you were hovering ( Top Graph)...You gave full forward throttle near the end of the data ( Second Graph ). You released the throttle and the aircraft pitched up to stop ( Third Graph )...then the data just ends there.The compass error would not cause a sudden veer to the ground, unless you commanded it that way while in ATTI mode, OR something else happened. There is no data that follows the pitch up to stop. As was mentioned a catapulted prop would be suspect, however without additional data there is no way to confirm that, unless you visually noticed a missing prop when you got to the aircraft. You could possible attempt to retrieve the aircraft .dat file if you still wan't to know more about the actual cause, assuming the aircraft will power up to get it.

Attitude.png

And yes there was an abnormal battery drain rate.
There was nothing wrong with the battery. It was completely normal until the data ends.

Battery Cells.png

What are the chances of the battery coming out of the socket?

I've had battery warnings in flight twice with my P3P, both due to the battery not securely in the slot (until it clicks). It didn't fall out, but could have.

I don't do that any more.

Chris

What are the chances of the battery coming out of the socket?
Slim to none on a P3, unless you don't lock it in somehow.

The reason I bring it up is i did it my self about 2 years ago with my old P3S. I was doing full throttle and sudden stop maneuvers, next thing I know drone was on the ground. It turned out i didn't have my battery latched in good. But when i pulled my data out it was similar, with data recording just ending.

People taking off with batteries not properly locked in is not an uncommon occurrence, certainly not "slim to none".
More referencing the percentage of this VS the P4. There are quite a few threads invloving the P4, but the P3's are miniscule in comparison. IMO, the P3 locking system is more secure, even with the addition of the latch sensor on the P4 V2's.

More referencing the percentage of this VS the P4. There are quite a few threads invloving the P4, but the P3's are miniscule in comparison. IMO, the P3 locking system is more secure, even with the addition of the latch sensor on the P4 V2's.

<shrug> So?

It still happens. Here's Sam1313's question again for your convenience: "What are the chances of the battery coming out of the socket?"

The answer is "greater than zero".

Chris

I guess a better question would be, has the P3 battery latch ever failed? Obvs any battery can and will come out if its not inserted fully and properly but I've never heard of a properly "clicked in" P3 battery coming out during flight. The P4 is a different story.

My preflight routine: props tight, fresh battery fully charged, battery in tight (always pull on it from the sides to verify), no gimbal guard, filter on tight. That's just the AC.AC always takes time to warm up, so RC-end PF checks are done then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72