P3P battery question

D

DrewFlies

I flew my P3P for the first time today. Everything went smooth. However, I let the battery cool down and it seems cool enough to charge again. When I hook up the battery to the charge 1 green light keeps flashing by the power button. Its not charging as the battery is at 50%.

Is it flashing 3 times? If so, the battery is still too hot to charge.

You have to let the battery cool for nearly an hour before recharging. That flashing light means your battery is too warm to recharge. It's a pretty ridiculous issue right now.

FYI, there are a bunch of battery light patterns in the Phantom manual. If the last light is not flashing three times, then refer to the manual to find out what it means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Kontras
Mine road on the roof rack in a tool bag for 5 minutes on the way home. Cool enough to charge after i got home.

That's odd that some of you have to wait until your battery is that cool before it will charge. I can pull mine straight out while it is HOT and it will charge right away.

That's odd that some of you have to wait until your battery is that cool before it will charge. I can pull mine straight out while it is HOT and it will charge right away.

Kinda similar for me, I do wait I dunno maybe 10-15 minutes with it pulled out of the P3, but I have never waited an hour. That seems excessive.

Kinda similar for me, I do wait I dunno maybe 10-15 minutes with it pulled out of the P3, but I have never waited an hour. That seems excessive.
It seems to be getting better as my flights increase... but I also happen to not be running the battery all the way down - so it doesn't have as much time to heat up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31