P3P batteries...

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new so please forgive me if I make any faux pas .
Had the idea of powering my hand-held/big-rig gimbal using P3P batteries (clip in and go!).
Does anyone know if this would possible or does the fancy electronics in the intelligent batteries mean they only work with the drone itself?
I would need to make some sort of cage that they would clip into of course but I figured it would be easier to use instead of messing around with Velcro straps etc...
Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Neil

If the battery is suitable voltage wise and requirements of the device are less than around 12-15A you should have no issues.

If the battery is suitable voltage wise and requirements of the device are less than around 12-15A you should have no issues.
That's for your input! The gimbal is already set up for 4S and works fine with the Turnigy packs I have, I doubt it pulls anything close to 12A let alone 15A, it's more about whether the battery will reject the system as its not DJI.

That's for your input! The gimbal is already set up for 4S and works fine with the Turnigy packs I have, I doubt it pulls anything close to 12A let alone 15A, it's more about whether the battery will reject the system as its not DJI.
Unless the latest firmware has changed things it will work. You just need to make sure a load is presented to the battery terminals when you power it on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic