P3A Video Quality

Reaction score
Hi all.

I bought my p3a some months now, not my first drone but my first camera drone.

Video quality is far better than my old drone but the image starts to look a bit blurry to me, so I’m starting having questions ...

I read somewhere that 2.7K video is at the end lower quality compared to 1080p on this drone,is there any serious evidence of this out there? The two resolutions look similar to me with a slight preference for 2.7K.

What are the options to improve video quality without changing drone? Install p3p 4k camera? A gopro gimbal? Other?

2.7K is higher resolution than 1080P but its barely noticeable. I use 1080P 60FPS always.

Hi all.

I bought my p3a some months now, not my first drone but my first camera drone.

Video quality is far better than my old drone but the image starts to look a bit blurry to me, so I’m starting having questions ...

I read somewhere that 2.7K video is at the end lower quality compared to 1080p on this drone,is there any serious evidence of this out there? The two resolutions look similar to me with a slight preference for 2.7K.

What are the options to improve video quality without changing drone? Install p3p 4k camera? A gopro gimbal? Other?
As stated earlier the difference between 1080P and 2.7K is discernible. Likewise, I find the difference between 2.7K and 4K also discernible.

Sometimes people looking for "quality" are really after a different look. Are you happy with the picture style?

I’m shooting in Cinelike D and I am able to get a good image style when grading in post production.

What I’m talking about in this post is that the image misses details, is sort of blurred as if it was low bitrate or something

I’m shooting in Cinelike D and I am able to get a good image style when grading in post production.

What I’m talking about in this post is that the image misses details, is sort of blurred as if it was low bitrate or something
Some motion blur is desirable to many looking for a more natural look. You might try experimenting with your shutter speed.

There are noumerous factors responsible to the sharpness. Shutter speed, lightnes, moving objects, wind point of focus, etc..
The resolution comes at the end and depends on what monitor (size an quality) you are looking at.,
For most video displays 1080 is OK. You will see noticable difference at 4K only if you have bigger 4K res screen or you print Bigger than A4 size of paper. TV screen is not a reference.
The camera on P3A is just fine.

Reactions: LarBear360

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.