P3a speed increase

Don't worry about it. There are numerous white-papers on multi rotor aerodynamics on the web.

If DJI thought it was possible for a Phantom 3 to fly at a 45 degree angle of attack, then the Phantom 3 would fly at a 45 degree angle of attack. The reality is the Phantom 3 lipo is just does not create enough lift to prevent losing altitude while flying with a 45 degree angle of attack.

Are you saying the phantom 3 can not climb when its tilted to its maximum angle? Honest question, as I havent pushed mine yet, but Id be shocked to find out it can not. And if it can, then clearly it has more than enough power to go faster without climbing.

Are you saying the phantom 3 can not climb when its tilted to its maximum angle? Honest question, as I havent pushed mine yet, but Id be shocked to find out it can not. And if it can, then clearly it has more than enough power to go faster without climbing.
In order for the P3 to fly faster than it can currently, it would need to increase the angle of attack up to a maximum of 45 degrees. What I am saying is the P3 wouldn't have enough power to hold altitude while flying with a 45 degree angle of attack.

I would be interested to find out if the P3 can hold it's speed while flying at it's maximum angle of attack and climbing, my guess is that if you start to climb you will lose speed by a couple mph and as you stop climbing you will gain the speed back, if you have both sticks all the way forward you will lose a lot of speed until you finish your ascent etc.

Please stop calling it AoA. Thats a very specific term that applies to airfoils (wings, propellers) and its not the tilt, nor is compared to the horizon, its related to the relative wind. What we are talking about here is just a tilt angle, inclination or whatever you want to call. Not AoA.

And I perfectly understood what you are saying, I just dont believe it and Im fairly confident there is still more than enough power to climb at maximum tilt. Since I havent tested it, I cant know for certain, but Im sure someone will test this soon. Or I will if it stops raining and I received my replacement parts.

I'm sure it's been thoroughly tested on forums that have something to do with it like custom multirotors. You bought a phantom so you wouldn't need to know the intricacies to build one. It works. Boost it if you want.

Otherwise, build one on your own :)

c54265d0d4c3a7d76ad74b8f8cad0bfd.jpg

i manage to hit 19.7m/s in gps RTH mode on my P3A.. not sure weather is it tail wind though

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What does Nos mean?

In this case, I think he was referring to NOS, which is Nitrous Oxide Systems, which is a company that started selling nitrous setups for hot rodders back in the 80s. It now also refers to an energy drink whose name is licensed by the same company.

Reactions: Dounin Front
In this case, I think he was referring to NOS, which is Nitrous Oxide Systems, which is a company that started selling nitrous setups for hot rodders back in the 80s. It now also refers to an energy drink whose name is licensed by the same company.

The 80's.....LOL!!!

It's been around a lot long then the 80's.

The 80's.....LOL!!!

It's been around a lot long then the 80's.

Nitrous Oxide Systems? You might be right. I just remember starting to see their adds in Hot Rod in the mid 80s or so. The various kits they offered, from the basic little red anodized plate that went right under your Holley four barrel and up from there. Write us for more information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31