P3A signal help

Reaction score
So i have a p3a everything's fine with the drone other than when i try to go high altitude it loses signal all the time starts losing it 250-300 ft all the gps is fine all the other things are fine ive been flying with like 19 so its good need help please or if your from UK whats best signal boosters

So i have a p3a everything's fine with the drone other than when i try to go high altitude it loses signal all the time starts losing it 250-300 ft all the gps is fine all the other things are fine ive been flying with like 19 so its good need help please or if your from UK whats best signal boosters

I used to have the P3 Pro and I had similar issues however I just blamed it on the fact that I was using an Android device. That may or may not be the case but that was my reasoning. Is everything up to date? Software? Antennas pointing upwards?

You don't explain what's happening in any detail.
Are you asking about flying straight upwards?
Having the drone directly above you gives the worst signal geometry and it is impossible to direct the antennas for optimum signal.
If that's your issue, fly out rather than straight up.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
If directly overhead putting the antennae horizontal does seem to help a bit but I'd guess Meta4's out and up is better.

You don't explain what's happening in any detail.
Are you asking about flying straight upwards?
Having the drone directly above you gives the worst signal geometry and it is impossible to direct the antennas for optimum signal.
If that's your issue, fly out rather than straight up.

Hi sorry yes i will explain more so lets say i'm wanting to go to 400ft... I dont go straight above myself i do what you said and fly out then up soon as i do that and i reach 300ft altitude it loses signal all the time sometimes even does it at 200

Spend some time playing with the App, going through its menus and refer to the manual and here etc. when you find something interesting. The manual
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/User Manual/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.8_en.pdf
is a bit basic or maybe written for minds younger than mine. There's a lot in the App to take in in one go and I am still finding/experimenting.
Likewise when lockdown ends find a an empty field and practices any features that caught you eye.
Cause and experience all the RTH scenarios especially the within 20m of home quirk, that nearly cost me mine. Also if you haven't already do so check out. It is better to encounter an RTH scenario for the first time during a safe low practice session rather than 200m out over hell.
&
DO NOT update anything unless forced to do so, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
DO NOT fly the outward leg of any flight down wind in high winds, getting back might be troublesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Spend some time playing with the App, going through its menus and refer to the manual and here etc. when you find something interesting. The manual
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/User Manual/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.8_en.pdf
is a bit basic or maybe written for minds younger than mine. There's a lot in the App to take in in one go and I am still finding/experimenting.
Likewise when lockdown ends find a an empty field and practices any features that caught you eye.
Cause and experience all the RTH scenarios especially the within 20m of home quirk, that nearly cost me mine. Also if you haven't already do so check out. It is better to encounter an RTH scenario for the first time during a safe low practice session rather than 200m out over hell.
&
DO NOT update anything unless forced to do so, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
DO NOT fly the outward leg of any flight down wind in high winds, getting back might be troublesome

Thanks mate yes i'm
kinda new but ive learnt alot in the last month ino how to rth etc and other stuff tbh fixed the signal proper today & ive hot 120 acre of a farm land i own so plenty flying time on lockdown lol

Try the 20m thing, seriously, it may put the wind up your sails. Stick with the P3A until you know you like it and what you are doing. Crash a P4P and you might be out a lot more money than crashing a P3A

"got a link im new here thanks "

post #8 and it shows in your quote, post #9 , when answering that post

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31