P3A - removing camera lens.

Reaction score
Got a bit of "something" inside the lens so how does the front of the camera come off?
I thought I saw in a recent YouTube video that it just unscrews, but mine won't!

Got a bit of "something" inside the lens so how does the front of the camera come off?
I thought I saw in a recent YouTube video that it just unscrews, but mine won't!
If you mean the UV filter, here is a bullet from my tips post:

> The camera lens cover / UV filter is often difficult to unscrew for removal. It's best to use a very light grip as you turn it. Many use a rubber band or a latex glove to assist, but still always keeping a very light grip. Others have had luck with the prop removal tool. I use a rubber band.

Spot on Oso, as usual. Used the rubber dust cover, held gently in three fingers, and it unscrewed with no problem!

IMG_8957.jpg
IMG_8956.jpg

Last edited:
But the problem you put is about the camera lens, not the lens cover!
Handling the lens is much more difficult I think and professional approach would do better.
About the front glass cover as you find out is pretty tricky to unscrew. I also had problems doing that the first time.
The ring is so thin that it behaves like soft material. Unscrew it very gently almost with no pressure and the ring will turn just fine. If your grab and squeeze the ring too much it will bend and won't turn around.

As you can see from my previous post with photos Andy9, I have already done the job!
Thanks

Yes, I know, glad that you solved the problem.
I just put some tips for others who might need them.

Reactions: cheddarman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20