P3 Firmware P3A RC Unable to Update Old Firmware and Inability to Link/Connect

Reaction score
Hi,

First-time flyer here. I actually bought my P3A brand-new from a reputable US merchant in May 2015, but never tried to use it until last weekend (don't ask why).

I have a GL300A RC unit (no other variant/suffix on the back that I can see).

The first thing I did was update the firmware on the aircraft to the latest (getting the P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin file from the DJI website and using a PC/the micro SD card in the aircraft camera to successfully install it (yes, I saw the success text file on the card, and then removed the bin file for subsequent operations)). And yes, I see a number of people discouraging firmware updates if things are working, but it's too late to have that argument (and now I can't say whether things worked properly before the upgrade anyway - I never tried to use it before the firmware upgrade).

Next, I went to do the RC firmware, but discovered there was no RC firmware on the DJI site. What is the story about this - what is the "All in One Firmware" verbage mean that I see in a few places? Is that for aircraft and battery, or is the same bin file supposed to update both the aircraft and the RC (note: I tried this on the RC with a flash drive and was unsuccessful anyway)?) I have evidence to the contrary from my chat (referenced below): From the DJI Rep: "The firmware for the RC is not available now online and I will requesting to our engineers if we can send it to you if necessary". So if true, my first request of the forum would be: does anyone have a standalone RC firmware file that would work to update my GL300A to a version new enough that the App could then be used for subsequent updates?

I then did a 1-hour long chat with DJI, and they finally responded in e-mail basically saying to update the RC firmware with the App (I have a 9.7" Samsung Tab A, and I have enabled developer mode and USB debugging, and I have installed the latest version of the DJI GO "Products older than P4" App on it (Version 3.1.50)). Here's the problem: there is no opportunity given to do an RC Firmware update with the App (I have read that the older RC firmware is incapable of this; hence my request to DJI for RC firmware). I am also not convinced the App and the tablet are even communicating properly, because without the tablet connected I seem to be able to go as far/see the same screens on the App as I can when the RC is connected (I can get into P3A Camera Mode, the flight status bar says Disconnected (and Overall Status under it shows no firmware update for the RC), there's no data about GPS, battery, etc). I tried my cell phone as an alternate App platform (Samsung GS9+), but even with USB debugging enabled, all the phone does when plugged into the RC is complain that it's a poor charging source that was plugged in (although in this configuration the DJI GO App thinks I'm an Inspire and allows me to enter Camera Mode with it instead of with the P3A (if I select P3A on the App it doesn't give me a Camera Mode button, but gives "how to connect" instructions instead)).

Another problem I have is the inability to link the RC to the aircraft: when I followed the linking procedure during the chat session with DJI (shown here:
- Press and hold C1. C2, and the record button until you hear abeep and do not let go. You will hear a beep (D-DD).
- Press the ISO wheel on the right side of the remote controller and do not let go of any button. The remote controller will begin to beep.
- Now push the linking button on the aircraft to finish the linking procedure)
, I got the RC into "linking mode" properly (left LED blue and RC unit beeping), but when I pressed the link button on the aircraft, the RC stopped beeping and the left LED on the RC then alternated red/green rapidly. I get the same behavior without attempting linking (RC left LED first red, then when aircraft is turned on the left RC LED eventually goes into the rapid red/green mode).

I sent DJI a video of this, because noone seems/wants to even tell me what the red/green rapid LED thing means on my RC (I don't think it means "HD downlink is disrupted", as the LED reference guides I have found suggest). So far the only proof that there's any communication between the RC and the aircraft is the aircraft camera gimbal will move up and down when I move the wheel on the RC.

I was also told to "activate" my setup, but with the aircraft on, my tablet doesn't see any new Wi-Fi source from the aircraft.

I have attempted manual RC firmware updates (i.e., put the file on a USB flash drive and try various power-up methods on the RC), but nothing has worked (again, I'm still a bit confused about the "All in One" concept I mentioned above). I did try a 1.3.20 file I got from the phantomhelp website (from my readings I heard that 1.3.20 was the first version that would allow subsequent RC firmware updates to work via the DJI GO App), but it didn't seem to do anything when on a flash drive plugged into the RC. I also discovered a mode where the left LED on the RC is light blue (unlike the dark blue in linking mode) and the RTH button outline is lit up (is there a place that lists all the RC button combinations and what they do for the various versions of P3 RC unit?).

DJI now wants me to send things in for repair.

I have read through a number of posts, and tried a few things (BTW I am very impressed with the content and ideas going on in your forums), but either things didn't work or I was a bit afraid to proceed given some people are mentioning that various versions of the RC have different procedures to achieve the same result. For example, the aircraft by default seems to disallow firmware downgrades (I tried one and saw the rejection message in the text file on the micro SD card), but some people have methods to override that - I wasn't ready to try any of that until I had explained the complete context of my problem to the forum and received feedback.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do next? Or do I truly need to send this brand-new RC in for repair?

Thanks!

Hi, First-time flyer here.
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can help. I'll look through your post and see if I can come up with a thought or two and provide input as I continue slowly through your post paragraph by paragraph.

First off, if you are interested click here for a list of tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. In your case, new users.

I actually bought my P3A brand-new from a reputable US merchant in May 2015, but never tried to use it until last weekend (don't ask why). I have a GL300A RC unit (no other variant/suffix on the back that I can see).
Wow. New old stock. I'm sure that more than one person would have loved to get their hands on a P3A in original condition with no changes to FW.
The first thing I did was update the firmware on the aircraft to the latest (getting the P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin file from the DJI website and using a PC/the micro SD card in the aircraft camera to successfully install it (yes, I saw the success text file on the card, and then removed the bin file for subsequent operations)). And yes, I see a number of people discouraging firmware updates if things are working, but it's too late to have that argument (and now I can't say whether things worked properly before the upgrade anyway - I never tried to use it before the firmware upgrade).
You're correct to note that many of us, myself included, would have recommended to check everything out for functionality before making any changes. As you also noted it is too late for that so let's move on. However, since you are at 1.11.2, click here to read about significant changes implemented with that FW version.

We always tell people to follow these FW install instructions and to install FW version 1.3.2 on the AC and the RC before moving to anything newer. Back in the early days, the same FW file was used for both the AC and the RC so people usually updated both at the same time if they had made the decision to update at all. If you bought your P3A in May of 2015, my guess is that when you took it out of the box it had a prior FW version on both the AC and the RC. This can be confirmed by looking at the success txt file you mentioned or by looking at your LOG_AB file if you haven't yet formatted the SD card. If you post either here, someone will look at it for you. Personally, I only trust the LOG_AB file.

From the DJI Rep: "The firmware for the RC is not available now online and I will requesting to our engineers if we can send it to you if necessary". So if true, my first request of the forum would be: does anyone have a standalone RC firmware file that would work to update my GL300A to a version new enough that the App could then be used for subsequent updates?
DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post.

As I noted earlier, in your case you probably need to install 1.3.2 on the RC first using the old install method of SD card on a thumb drive directly in the RC. I also believe that the 300A RC used that old method to also go to 1.4.1, but after that version the RC was updated only via the app.

What is the story about this - what is the "All in One Firmware" verbage mean that I see in a few places? Is that for aircraft and battery, or is the same bin file supposed to update both the aircraft and the RC
As noted above, in the early days the same FW bin file was used for the AC, RC and batteries. That has not been true for quite a long time now so I'm sure that is where the confusion comes from. The FW bin file does however contain individual FW updates for several separate modules in the AC, so in that regard it is still sort of all in one. All of the modules are checked during a FW update and if any specific module needs a change it is updated. Not all of the modules are updated with every new FW release. Click here for an example of the different modules checked when the AC FW is updated.

I am also not convinced the App and the tablet are even communicating properly, because without the tablet connected I seem to be able to go as far/see the same screens on the App as I can when the RC is connected (I can get into P3A Camera Mode, the flight status bar says Disconnected (and Overall Status under it shows no firmware update for the RC), there's no data about GPS, battery, etc).
Very often this is caused by the cable used between your mobile device and the RC. We've seen that so many times that it's always the first thing to try, especially with iOS devices. With Android devices we also suggest checking that the "Use USB to" option is not set to charge only.

We've also seen that issue regularly be caused by a bad USB interface board in the RC. Perhaps an internal cable is loosened or disconnected.

Also, if everything looks secure inside the RC with regards to the interface board, another option could be to try the HDMI module add on which replaces that board. There is also an option to troubleshoot and fix the interface board. If you are curious about that, check out this excellent post.

Another problem I have is the inability to link the RC to the aircraft:
This is likely a result of the mismatched FW you've created by updating the AC. AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

Since you updated your AC to 1.11.20 (a version higher than 1.8 with new encryption), your AC is on the new while your RC is on the old. I would think that once you've updated your RC to the current version that you will have success with linking to the AC using the standard linking process initiated with the app.

I was also told to "activate" my setup, but with the aircraft on, my tablet doesn't see any new Wi-Fi source from the aircraft.
The P3A and the P3P do not use wifi this way so you should not be expecting to see a new wifi source.

I have attempted manual RC firmware updates (i.e., put the file on a USB flash drive and try various power-up methods on the RC), but nothing has worked (again, I'm still a bit confused about the "All in One" concept I mentioned above). I did try a 1.3.20 file I got from the phantomhelp website (from my readings I heard that 1.3.20 was the first version that would allow subsequent RC firmware updates to work via the DJI GO App), but it didn't seem to do anything when on a flash drive plugged into the RC.
As I said above, this old method would still be correct with FW older than 1.3.2 for 300B and 300C RC. For the 300A RC, the switch over to app only came with 1.4.1. Perhaps your RC already had 1.3.2 installed so it didn't do anything when you powered it up as you noted. Perhaps try 1.4.1 on the RC. If that works normally, then try to go to the latest on the RC via the app process. Note that the AC itself is still only updated via an SD card.

For example, the aircraft by default seems to disallow firmware downgrades (I tried one and saw the rejection message in the text file on the micro SD card), but some people have methods to override that - I wasn't ready to try any of that until I had explained the complete context of my problem to the forum and received feedback.
The ability to easily and officially downgrade FW has been added and removed over the last three years. For a while, there was no ability to downgrade. Later, with AC FW versions 1.6 through 1.9, we had the DJI sanctioned ability to easily roll back one version lower than the highest previously installed version. Beginning with 1.10 in November 2016, DJI removed that ability. As you noted however, users smarter than me have come up with ways to unofficially downgrade.

Last edited:
Hi Oso,

Thank you very much for all the great information and your quick response to my post!

I will have some time tomorrow (Sunday) to go through all of it, so I'll let you know how it goes/if I have more questions...

Thanks Again!

Hi,

Here are the results of my attempt to update the firmware in the RC (short answer: it didn't work).

Also please refer to the attached file, which shows the P3S_FW_LOG_AB log before these tests.

Here's what I tried (note: refer to my attachment for the original P3S_FW_LOG_AB file before these runs/data was appended to it):

1.3.0020 (file: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin):
========================================

1) Put it on empty FAT32 flash drive (one method) and on a 4GB micro SD card using a USB to micro SD card adapter (other method):

Aircraft was off
After powered up RC, no LED color change ever occurred (RC LED stayed red - waited ~5 min)
After about 5 min, RC started beeping (I assume this is a standby mode)
Never saw anything other than red LED on the RC

2) Put micro SD card into aircraft gimbal and used my DJI USB cable to connect gimbal to RC:

Powered up aircraft and waited for loud beeps to end, then powered up RC
LED on RC was mostly red with flickering green for about 1 min, then stayed red
LED on aircraft gimbal stabilized at steady green (flashed for about 10 sec at first)
Aircraft slow beeped (1 beep every 2 sec or so)
Aircraft LEDs: front 2 solid red, back 2 flashing yellow
LED on ultrasonic sensor: alternating red/green, then turned solid red after about 1 min

2a) When turned things off and tried again, RC LED briefly alternated red/green, then went red
- after a few minutes, went back to mostly red with flickering green again (lasted longer)
Aircraft beeps and LEDs were the same, except ultrasonic LED eventually alternated red/green

This appeared in the P3S_LOG_AB.txt afterwards (appended to the previous info, which must have been
copied out to the SD card at some point, since all that was on the SD card to start was the bin file):

[00138071]========== 2019.01.07 12:59:25. boot(15) ============
[00138116]Packet [C:\P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin] detected, card sn [0x3c91d7d3].
[00138153]Packet upgrade start...

[00138196]Packet checking...
[00138241]Packet vlink 01.03.0020 <-> 01.01.0009.
[00138280]Record vlink 01.11.0020 <-> 01.11.0020 (flow = 6).
[00138318]Packet upgrade failed at packet checking.

[00580085]========== 2019.01.07 13:09:21. boot(15) ============
[00580124]Packet [C:\P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin] detected, card sn [0x3c91d7d3].
[00580162]Packet upgrade start...

[00580212]Packet checking...
[00580256]Packet vlink 01.03.0020 <-> 01.01.0009.
[00580293]Record vlink 01.11.0020 <-> 01.11.0020 (flow = 6).
[00580332]Packet upgrade failed at packet checking.

1.4.001 (file: P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin):
=======================================

Tried 1.4.001 the same way (1: directly to the RC USB in an SD to USB adapter, and 2: in aircraft gimbal)
- got same results, except in 2a, RC eventually beeped (after ~5 min)

Here's the appended data to the P3S_LOG_AB.txt file:

[00096095]========== 2019.01.07 13:21:50. boot(15) ============
[00096137]Packet [C:\P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin] detected, card sn [0x3c91d7d3].
[00096176]Packet upgrade start...

[00096222]Packet checking...
[00096266]Packet vlink 01.04.0010 <-> 01.03.0020.
[00096309]Record vlink 01.11.0020 <-> 01.11.0020 (flow = 6).
[00096352]Packet upgrade failed at packet checking.

[00356098]========== 2019.01.07 13:28:16. boot(15) ============
[00356141]Packet [C:\P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin] detected, card sn [0x3c91d7d3].
[00356183]Packet upgrade start...

[00356233]Packet checking...
[00356284]Packet vlink 01.04.0010 <-> 01.03.0020.
[00356325]Record vlink 01.11.0020 <-> 01.11.0020 (flow = 6).
[00356366]Packet upgrade failed at packet checking.

And here's the top-level P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file that got placed on the top level of the SD card after these runs:

Result: Success.

========== 2018.12.31 10:06:54 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2019.01.07 12:59:24 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

========== 2019.01.07 13:09:21 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

========== 2019.01.07 13:21:49 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

========== 2019.01.07 13:28:15 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

Any ideas?

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,582
Just a note, if you see "disconnected" in the top middle of the go app that means your device (tablet/phone) is not connected to the RC. This is typically caused by a bad USB cable, which would also not allow the RC to do FW update thru the go app.

Hi 3rdof5,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried a different USB A to micro USB cable between the RC and the aircraft with the 1.4.001 file on the micro SD card in the aircraft gimbal, and got the same result.

I also tried this same new USB cable between the RC and my 9.7" Samsung Tab A (Model SM-T550), and I still see "Disconnected" (from what I understood from Oso this will continue until I "sync up" the RC and aircraft firmware versions re: encryption). As noted earlier, Developer Mode and USB Debugging are enabled on the tablet. The tablet does show a red line through the Android status bar battery icon when connected to the RC (kinda similar to what my Galaxy S9+ phone did as mentioned in my previous post, but unlike the phone, the tablet does properly offer/enter Camera mode for my specific aircraft when the DJI GO App is started).

I'm really hoping someone can make sense of the logs I attached/provided in my previous post, in an attempt to determine the next thing to try (and what things can be ruled out).

A new question: I don't see any info on "forcing" the firmware on the RC to update (there was a series of C1 - C2 etc buttons to hold while powering on that I read somewhere else, but a quick search of the forum didn't locate that procedure) - can someone confirm the proper procedure for my GL300A? The procedure I found online says press C1 + C2 + Recording Button + Scroll Wheel button while powering on... is that correct? The same procedure I found expects the RC be connected to the tablet as the source of the new firmware, instead of a flash drive/USB to microSD adapter/USB cable connection to the aircraft gimbal as the source... given that I haven't ever seen the DJI GO App offer an RC firmware update, is there a "force firmware" procedure that can be followed that doesn't require that the tablet be the source of the firmware? Remember, I'm trying to load the old 1.3.0020 or 1.04.0010 firmware onto the RC...

Thanks!

Hi,

First-time flyer here. I actually bought my P3A brand-new from a reputable US merchant in May 2015, but never tried to use it until last weekend (don't ask why).

I have a GL300A RC unit (no other variant/suffix on the back that I can see).

Next, I went to do the RC firmware, but discovered there was no RC firmware on the DJI site. What is the story about this - what is the "All in One Firmware" verbage mean that I see in a few places? Is that for aircraft and battery, or is the same bin file supposed to update both the aircraft and the RC (note: I tried this on the RC with a flash drive and was unsuccessful anyway)?) I have evidence to the contrary from my chat (referenced below): From the DJI Rep: "The firmware for the RC is not available now online and I will requesting to our engineers if we can send it to you if necessary". So if true, my first request of the forum would be: does anyone have a standalone RC firmware file that would work to update my GL300A to a version new enough that the App could then be used for subsequent updates?

I then did a 1-hour long chat with DJI, and they finally responded in e-mail basically saying to update the RC firmware with the App (I have a 9.7" Samsung Tab A, and I have enabled developer mode and USB debugging, and I have installed the latest version of the DJI GO "Products older than P4" App on it (Version 3.1.50)). Here's the problem: there is no opportunity given to do an RC Firmware update with the App (I have read that the older RC firmware is incapable of this; hence my request to DJI for RC firmware). I am also not convinced the App and the tablet are even communicating properly, because without the tablet connected I seem to be able to go as far/see the same screens on the App as I can when the RC is connected (I can get into P3A Camera Mode, the flight status bar says Disconnected (and Overall Status under it shows no firmware update for the RC), there's no data about GPS, battery, etc). I tried my cell phone as an alternate App platform (Samsung GS9+), but even with USB debugging enabled, all the phone does when plugged into the RC is complain that it's a poor charging source that was plugged in (although in this configuration the DJI GO App thinks I'm an Inspire and allows me to enter Camera Mode with it instead of with the P3A (if I select P3A on the App it doesn't give me a Camera Mode button, but gives "how to connect" instructions instead)).

Another problem I have is the inability to link the RC to the aircraft: when I followed the linking procedure during the chat session with DJI (shown here:
- Press and hold C1. C2, and the record button until you hear abeep and do not let go. You will hear a beep (D-DD).
- Press the ISO wheel on the right side of the remote controller and do not let go of any button. The remote controller will begin to beep.
- Now push the linking button on the aircraft to finish the linking procedure)
, I got the RC into "linking mode" properly (left LED blue and RC unit beeping), but when I pressed the link button on the aircraft, the RC stopped beeping and the left LED on the RC then alternated red/green rapidly. I get the same behavior without attempting linking (RC left LED first red, then when aircraft is turned on the left RC LED eventually goes into the rapid red/green mode).

I sent DJI a video of this, because noone seems/wants to even tell me what the red/green rapid LED thing means on my RC (I don't think it means "HD downlink is disrupted", as the LED reference guides I have found suggest). So far the only proof that there's any communication between the RC and the aircraft is the aircraft camera gimbal will move up and down when I move the wheel on the RC.

I have attempted manual RC firmware updates (i.e., put the file on a USB flash drive and try various power-up methods on the RC), but nothing has worked (again, I'm still a bit confused about the "All in One" concept I mentioned above). I did try a 1.3.20 file I got from the phantomhelp website (from my readings I heard that 1.3.20 was the first version that would allow subsequent RC firmware updates to work via the DJI GO App), but it didn't seem to do anything when on a flash drive plugged into the RC. I also discovered a mode where the left LED on the RC is light blue (unlike the dark blue in linking mode) and the RTH button outline is lit up (is there a place that lists all the RC button combinations and what they do for the various versions of P3 RC unit?).

DJI now wants me to send things in for repair.

I have read through a number of posts, and tried a few things (BTW I am very impressed with the content and ideas going on in your forums), but either things didn't work or I was a bit afraid to proceed given some people are mentioning that various versions of the RC have different procedures to achieve the same result. For example, the aircraft by default seems to disallow firmware downgrades (I tried one and saw the rejection message in the text file on the micro SD card), but some people have methods to override that - I wasn't ready to try any of that until I had explained the complete context of my problem to the forum and received feedback.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do next? Or do I truly need to send this brand-new RC in for repair?

Thanks!
Same problem with Phantom 3 Advanced RC failing to link to AC after upgrading firmware. And Samsung A5, also 8+ showing battery charging only. Also same problem with DJI Go ap only letting me go into Inspire 1 camera mode not P3A camera.

Also had problem with the RC not connecting to the AC (red and green flashing lights on RC turning red when using linking button on AC).

Here's my backstory which I've just posted for help to connect to DJI Go app. As you will see below, I managed to get the RC connected to the AC with everything working except the DJI Go app and live camera feed on either Samsung Tab 4 or Samsungs A5 and 8+

DJI help are useless!!

Six months trying to connect DJI Go App to my Phantom 3 Advanced with no luck!

Lost video feed on my Tab 4 running Android 4.4.2 (aircraft not crashed). So upgraded aircraft to latest firmware (V01.11.002). Then couldn't open 'camera' button on DJI Go App (before P4) to upgrade controller.

Now downgraded aircraft to V01.02.007 and everything works except DJI Go App - even older version (3.1.0).

Can I use Litchi on my Samsung Tab 4 (Android 4.4.2)? I also have Samsung Galaxy A5 and 8s.

There is a method to downgrade firmware on the AC by creating a 'debug' folder in Windows and putting it on a formatted micro sd card and the previous firmware bin file to the current version of firmware imstalled on the AC.

Haven't got the notes on me but I'll find them and post to you.

If I manage to get my problem fixed it I'll upate you on my progress, or you can update me if you've found a way to solve our mutual problems!

Thanks Poetman,

I wanted to give an update on my issue - turns out the USB port on my GL300A remote control was bad (it only delivered power, not data), which is why the DJI Go App always showed "Not Connected", and why it was impossible to get the standalone firmware (on a thumb drive plugged into that USB port) to work (yes, I tried multiple versions/methods). Remember, I had NEVER used this BRAND NEW (original purchaser) P3A prior to my attempts late last year (I only kept the batteries on the remote and the aircraft charged), so I had no idea I had purchased a defeective remote.

I finally sent it in to DJI, but didn't like the quote for a repair ("mainboard replacement", with no further diagnosis/explanation, nor any compromising with me on the cost (yes, it's out of warranty, but no, I didn't break it)), so I bought a better, newer, used remote, and it works fine!

Thanks Poetman,

I wanted to give an update on my issue - turns out the USB port on my GL300A remote control was bad (it only delivered power, not data), which is why the DJI Go App always showed "Not Connected", and why it was impossible to get the standalone firmware (on a thumb drive plugged into that USB port) to work (yes, I tried multiple versions/methods). Remember, I had NEVER used this BRAND NEW (original purchaser) P3A prior to my attempts late last year (I only kept the batteries on the remote and the aircraft charged), so I had no idea I had purchased a defeective remote.

I finally sent it in to DJI, but didn't like the quote for a repair ("mainboard replacement", with no further diagnosis/explanation, nor any compromising with me on the cost (yes, it's out of warranty, but no, I didn't break it)), so I bought a better, newer, used remote, and it works fine!
Thanks for replying so quickly.

Glad you discovered the problem.

I bought my P3A new and haven't crashed or droped/forced USB connection, so I don't think the RC's faulty but I maybe wrong.

Just as a matter of interest how much were you quoted for the repair?

I bought my P3A new and haven't crashed or droped/forced USB connection, so I don't think the RC's faulty but I maybe wrong.

I had same problem after that update. Had to buy new controller. That was the only thing that solved the problem for me. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Usually you only need a new Interface Board. Or you may buy HDMI Upgrade, it replaces the old board as well.

Or even better - you may fix the board you have:

The cost they quoted was $159 for the mainboard and $65 for labor. For $50 less I got a used GL300C in perfect condition AND with the HDMI upgrade module (though from what I hear, the P3A doesn't deliver very good HDMI performance in real-time).

My experience with DJI was that they were helpful during the chat, and they did follow-through with an e-mail as promised (though that e-mail stated they don't give out the standalone RC firmware, which was disappointing - that's when I reached out and found this forum). DJI also seemed helpful and concerned a couple of months later when I called and asked again for firmware and advice, but their claim that they'd respond in 1-2 days was completely wrong (in fact, they NEVER got back to me on ANY call I made to them in which they said they'd get back to me). Once the RC was in their hands, their automated system kept nagging me to pay or they'd return it. There seemed to be little coordination between the people I spoke to on the phone and the automated system. Finally, right before I bought the used RC, I logged in and saw the statement that it was out of warranty and that if I paid, they'd either fix the GL300A RC that I sent them or they'd replace it with something comparable...

Usually you only need a new Interface Board. Or you may buy HDMI Upgrade, it replaces the old board as well.

Or even better - you may fix the board you have:
Wow, that would have been something to try in my case... oh well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.