P3A - New App with Older Firmware OK?

Reaction score
DJI Go was force updated to 3.1.3 Android. My AC firmware is still 1.9.6 and I never want to upgrade because of the ESC Error issues. Am I OK with this configuration?

I can't say yes on an A. I can tell you I am running 3.1.3 and 1.10 on a pro and it flew fine yesterday.
Low battery rth initiated and I barely made it back. Smart rth did not work. It could have been my fault because I flew in circles for a while then a straight run.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's not real comforting. :(
Anyone else?

Hi Gary, I'm going to stick my neck out and say tread carefully, any (positive) answer you get to this question will only be a well meaning opinion. It may be ok or a problem may arise, even if it hadn't for others. My personal view is upgrade, others have other views, but it's your call, DJI upgrade firmware to improve it, mostly they achieve that..

- Phantom P3A and P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

DJI Go was force updated to 3.1.3 Android. My AC firmware is still 1.9.6 and I never want to upgrade because of the ESC Error issues. Am I OK with this configuration?

I am also interested in any comments about this thread. I am also running 1.9.6 A/C & 1.8 R/C, the only difference for me is I'm on 3.1.1 Go App iOS. P3P. Is it OK to update Go App, or should I leave well enough alone...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think it should be fine. My app forced to update as well and I'm still on firmware 1.9. I havent flown with it yet but everything connects ok. I was on an older 2.8 app version with 1.9 firmware and everything was great. So that leads me to believe that a newer app with the older firmware will be just fine. I will know for sure over the next day or so when I get out to fly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did fly with the new go app with older firmware. Seems ok. But I must admit...the here maps suck big league. I started to use litchi more and more for the Google maps plus it seems to work great

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl