P3A Loud Fan?

Reaction score
I got a P3A new from DJI a couple of weeks back. I came from a P3S. I noticed right off the bat that the fan is pretty loud compared to the last one and it seems to change "tones" quite a bit. Has anyone else experienced this or is it typical for the P3A compared to the P3S? I thought it might go away when I calibrated the IMU, but no changes. All firmware is up to date.

Hi I fly a P3A and have never noticed the fan sound at all, nor as a result, tone changes. Doubt this helps other than give you an opinion, as side by side comparison would likely be most useful. When do the tones (I assume fan speed) change? Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi I fly a P3A and have never noticed the fan sound at all, nor as a result, tone changes. Doubt this helps other than give you an opinion, as side by side comparison would likely be most useful. When do the tones (I assume fan speed) change? Cheers

The speeds change constantly.

That's weird - so if the P3A is (say) just sitting in the ground (running) the fan motors 'change constantly' ?? I'd get it checked, fan motors generally speed up because something is hot....

I`m on my 2nd P3A and the 1st one had a very loud fan sound too , I had nothing to compare it to till I got my 2nd and No its Not normal and you should send it back.... the reason I say that is my 1st one with the loud noise fell out the sky into the sea never to be found again.

My P3A is also quiete loud. I've always wondered about this, considering that my P3 4K is much quieter. Hopefully it's okay!

the phantom 3 doesn't really have an onboard fan other than the very small one that sits above the square, gray camera apparatus. Sorry to dig up an old thread. I've extensively ripped open my old p3pro and there's no fan inside. stumbled upon this thread searching for p4, which seems to have a very noisy fan.

P3A doesn't have a fan on the gimbal assembly and something is making a whining noise even with the motors off.

dji_phantom_3_stripped_8.jpg

the escs are actually 4 chips above each arm where you see the glue. i believe the IMU is within the black box

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic