P3A - Change Radios

Reaction score
I'm looking to change the radio controller for my P3A from the stock DJI TX unit to a Futaba or FrSky unit due to signal conflicts with a custom camera controller I've put on board. However, the P3A's flight controller is a black box (i.e., not a Naza or other FC that can easily take an SBUS from another receiver). Is there was way to either bind another radio to the aircraft, replace the radio receiver in the aircraft, or connect a 3rd party Rx to the aircraft?

Is there was way
There was is always a way, but only for experienced engineers with considerable free time.
There is no "dji TX unit" in P3A. There is Lightbridge. It is connected to FC via UART, where packets are exchanged, including a packet with RC controls positions. The packets use DUML protocol. There are public resources explaining some details of the protocol, which were reverse-engineered.

There was is always a way, but only for experienced engineers with considerable free time.
There is no "dji TX unit" in P3A. There is Lightbridge. It is connected to FC via UART, where packets are exchanged, including a packet with RC controls positions. The packets use DUML protocol. There are public resources explaining some details of the protocol, which were reverse-engineered.
Got it. Any chance that you know where someone posted a pinout of the main board that contains the location of the UART connections?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31