P3A battery questions

Reaction score
I have some battery questions for the experts here... Feel free to answer any or all that you know the answer to.
I have a couple other homebuilt quads that use Lipo batteries, and when I'm not going to be using them for a few days, I put them on my charger and get them to a "storage charge" to help extend the life of the battery.

1. On the DJI GO app, I know I can set the TIME TO DISCHARGE to a set amount of days... I'm assuming this discharges the battery to a "storage charge" like a standard Lipo correct?

2. I have mine set to 2 days, what do you guys set yours to?

3. Does the firmware on a brand new battery get upgraded the first time it gets installed into the aircraft, or is there something I need to do?

4. If I borrow a buddy's battery, (assuming we both have the same firmware version) will everything be fine for me, and for him when I give it back?

I have some battery questions for the experts here... Feel free to answer any or all that you know the answer to.
I have a couple other homebuilt quads that use Lipo batteries, and when I'm not going to be using them for a few days, I put them on my charger and get them to a "storage charge" to help extend the life of the battery.

1. On the DJI GO app, I know I can set the TIME TO DISCHARGE to a set amount of days... I'm assuming this discharges the battery to a "storage charge" like a standard Lipo correct?

2. I have mine set to 2 days, what do you guys set yours to?

3. Does the firmware on a brand new battery get upgraded the first time it gets installed into the aircraft, or is there something I need to do?

4. If I borrow a buddy's battery, (assuming we both have the same firmware version) will everything be fine for me, and for him when I give it back?

I am no expert but here are the answers as I see them from my experience.

1. yes this is the amount of time before the battery starts to discharge to its storage charge. The discharge itself takes around 2 days.

2. Mine is set to 2 days as well.

3. A brand new battery will need the firmware update, to do this download the firmware to your sd card & then with that in your phantom insert the new battery & the update will begin. If you put the battery in the phantom without the update on the sd card it will show a battery error.

4. Yes as long as you & your buddy are on the same firmware, borrowing or lending the battery will pose no threats.

Reactions: Scratch

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4