P3A battery flashes red when turning off/no video

Reaction score
Ok I have looked and cannot find anything on this subject.
My P3Advanced was flying fine last night and I landed it and pushed the battery power
to turn it off and it flashed red for about 20 seconds or so before it turned off.
I put another flully charged battery in it and the waited to warm up but no video.
It flew fine but the camara just dangled and the IMU was obviously not controling it.
When it was first turned on the camara did its normal sweep and the IMU did the normal
noise it makes.
IMU is flashing green when turned on, app is 3.1.3 version 1.9.60 and screen say update required like
it has for the last 1.5 years or so.
Last flight was fine, no rashes or hard landing.

Heres what I have done ,
restarted all componets, changed batteries (all do the red blinking}, checked battery connections
for any corrision or burn, looks great.

Any one have this happen ??

Try formatting the memory card or remove it and power up your Phantom.

I did try both with no luck. Camara goes lifeless like when you shut off the drone after about 15 seconds after turning it on. All batteries when shut down red light flashes fast for quite awhile after trying to turn off. red battery button light is on when unning to.

The battery is "intelligent" - when turning it off, it sends message "save settings, power off is imminent" to FC and camera, and waits for acknowledgement. Just to be sure, it sends that message 3 times. If it receives back message "affirmative, settings saved" then it turn off immediately. If no such message arrives, it waits for like 10 seconds, then turns off anyway, only a bit sad that noone wants to talk to it.

Anyway, to conclude: that's camera issue, batteries have nothing to do with it.

You're probably facing some type of hardware issue.

Check the cables at the top of the gimbal to ensure they are properly seated. It would be okay to disconnect and reconnect them. Also, visually inspect the gimbal ribbon cable for any signs of damage. If all looks okay, I'd recommend you contact DJI Support or a repair shop for help.

I suspected something like that. Still will fly ok but no camara. thanks for the help

I'm experiencing the same issue, some suggestion?
Also, when I open the app it reads the drone as Professional and not as Advanced (which is what I have)

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same issue, some suggestion?
Also, when I open the app it reads the drone as Professional and not as Advanced (which is what I have)

If the camera can record in 4K then its the pro, it may have been an advanced once but someone may have swapped the camera

Just answered the same thing here:

when I open the app it reads the drone as Professional and not as Advanced
The app decided whether to show Pro or Advanced by the answer it receives from the camera (Ambarella chip).
No answer -> goto default which is pro.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20