P3A 1000' Weak Image Transmission

Reaction score
Recently purchased a P3A and updated the AC to 1.9.6 and the RC is 1.6 so its up to date. When i get out to roughly a 1000' of distance the image starts to shutter and the remote flashes weak image transmission for a second at a time and then goes back to video feed, if i push it further it gets worse. Correct me if im wrong but i should be able to go way past 1000' distance.

What i have tired:
Compass calibration before each flight
100% batteries RC and AC
3 Different flight locations (1 even over water)
Antennas pointed flat side towards aircraft
Airplane mode on ipad and iphone 6 plus (both have same issue)

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

With clear line of sight Ive nearly never had issues of going past 1000 feet. no mods correct? maybe upload your flight data so everyone can take a look and see if there are any issues seen.

Ya that's weird I have the same bird and recently went 2 miles out in the country. No mods, no windsurfer either. I regularly get around a mile from my driveway in my neighborhood. Flying about 400' high...never have gotten worse then 3,500' anyway before. And my neighborhood is your typical suburbia neighborhood...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have had my P3 Advanced for about 4 months...I'm no expert. I was having the same issue about a month ago. I'm really not sure why its doing better now but here are a few ideas that I did that seemed to have helped:

I turned off the WiFi on the iPad. (which somehow may be different than switching to Airplane mode)

I deleted a bunch of apps on the iPad, that I don't use anyway.

Make sure the DJI app is the only app that is running while you are flying.

I've updated the firmware both in the RC and the aircraft. (and the battery)

I've changed the video camera setting to a lower resolution setting (720P and only 24fps). With the lower setting, it doesn't have to transmit as much info.

Finally, I've noticed that the transmission range is very limited at low altitude. As a test, try flying it at a higher than normal altitude, maybe 250 feet so there IS NO INTERFERANCE from things on the ground, and see if you get better range. One day, I did fly mine over 5000 feet away. It was a clear day and I was flying it pretty high.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mfoster82
I have a P3A also and live in area with alot of interference and I can go out 2600 ft. All the time at about 400 ft up.

Flew it tonight with a couple changes and got to 1600 feet distance before the image error appeared. Still hoping to get more distance though?

Changes:
Flew at 400ft instead of 200ft
Different iOS lighting cable
Changed the video from 2.7k to 720p

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers