P34K camera issues, possibly related?

Reaction score
Pilots!

I have two issues with my pre-owned P34K:

1. Very often, I can't get out of video mode (i.e. STOP recording) to switch to still image: not via the controller (button left front) or via the app. I have to exit the app completely, reconnect and then if I'm lucky, it lets me take a picture again. Signal strength is all green, drone can be either further away or close, it doesn't make a difference. Switching on video after taking pictures never seems to be a problem.

2. The first video I take in a flight is always OK, either MOV or MP4. Then the videos (shot in 4K) after that in the same flight are erratic. Some are OK, others are corrupted, usually after a number of seconds. The image goes completely wild, best described as multi-coloured snow, but also completely green or grey with "snowy" jitter in the top half. The weird thing is that when I click somewhere in the video, I usually get a totally normal looking image, so the data IS there. The SD is a SanDisk Ultra 16G HC1 and copying it off the SD directly or through the gimbal's USB port makes no difference. The footage in DJI Go looks normal but downloading it to my tablet isn't supported apparently. The djifix program doesn't seem to support 4K, so haven't been able to use that.

Possibly, these issues are related, e.g. the corruption may be caused by me unsuccessfully trying to switch to photo mode?

Anybody have the same experience and a workaround maybe?

Thx!

Mich.

Guys, for those looking for a solution to the same issue: the issues ARE related and the problem is the SD card. I tried a Sandisk Extreme Plus and that works just fine. The end/start recording now responds as expected and the videos aren't corrupted anymore.

And a tip for rescuing those corrupted vids: using Avidemux I was able to remove the bad frames and save the video as new. 98% of the video as good as new!

Reactions: wolf~928

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20