P3 Video Freeze

Will The Phantom 3 Have Some Kind Of Video Issue after 1st release?

• YES-we saw it in pre-release

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • NO-DJI will have firmware updated 100% before shipping

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • YES-but it doesn't matter I'm getting 4k for only $259 additional

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • NO-because DJI has yet to have any bird issue free at release time

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • YES & NO-issues will be on P3P but not on P3A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES & NO-issues will bo on P3A but not on P3P

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I only searched the 1st page thread title to see if there was any mention on this subject before hand, and there wasn't. So....

I told my wife while we watch the Live Announcement weds that even though I'm going to order a P3P version I guarantee the most commonly posted issue with pilots posting such comments as: "Why when it say 1.2 mile range does my video freeze up when I'm only at 1800ft?". I said you know when they dump a ton of money out to just announce the P3 and the 1st two flights were laced with video issues, these units are going to have problems. It had to be so embarrassing to have that take place. It blows my mind that they did not do any test prior to their flight to make sure that did happen. Or if nothing else, announce a "just in case" prior to the flight. Meaning that the host would say something like "We've been having some local interference with video over the last two hours, so let's hope it is cleared up now for our inaugural live flight.".

Pick the Poll question that best fits:

The video "issues" may not have been with the copter at all, could have been an issue with the live stream bandwidth, or a multitude of other things. All speculation.

The video "issues" may not have been with the copter at all, could have been an issue with the live stream bandwidth, or a multitude of other things. All speculation.

Well of course it's speculation, what else is there to go off of? We saw what we saw. What the cause is or was would be hard to determine. So all you have to go by is what you see.

What I saw was thee same model at two different locations experiencing the same situation. I call it a issue because a 3rd quad had no problems whatsoever which was awesome.

At any rate, I think once we the consumers have had the P3 in hand and flying it in several conditions in different countries we'll better know what we have. If there is such an issue, I only hope it is something I can fix myself without having to rely on shipping it for warranty repair.

Think you might have missed the most obvious choice: that this will be effected by what devise and processor power the user will have.

AS a buyer I would go by if my device was listed on the manufacturers recommended device list.

AS a buyer I would go by if my device was listed on the manufacturers recommended device list.

Sure it will work with the recommended devises, however you are referring to video issue, this is directly related to the devise processing power. Just because it works might not mean it will not have lag when you compare different devises.

I don't see an issue the Inspire 1 was a hit right out of the box! :rolleyes:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Lew40

At least they got that on video, so we could see it. Operator error?

That is the BEST demo of how the Go Home button works.

If you haven't got a garage door handy for the first test try a good big stretch of water instead.

You know the old Roman saying.. "the early Christian gets the hungry lion". Anyone ordering the P3 now has to expect issues. Some of which may require shipping it back to DJI for warrantee work. Experience has shown us that DJI uses it's consumer base to test their equipment. If you aren't willing to be put through that experience, then don't be the early Christian. Wait a couple of months before ordering. One thing for certain, DJI knows how to hype people up!

You know the old Roman saying.. "the early Christian gets the hungry lion". Anyone ordering the P3 now has to expect issues. Some of which may require shipping it back to DJI for warrantee work. Experience has shown us that DJI uses it's consumer base to test their equipment. If you aren't willing to be put through that experience, then don't be the early Christian. Wait a couple of months before ordering. One thing for certain, DJI knows how to hype people up!
Optimism, you don't have it.

Regarding the video freeze, I think it was the first live transmission that I think I heard the drone operator say something about a freeze just before the screen froze for us. The drone operator was watching his onboard monitor so the freeze was likely drone-related, not transmission-related...does that make sense, and do I remember it correctly?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic