P3 STD with one slow spinning prop at idle

Reaction score
I have a P3 STD & have not flown in a couple years ( ya I know ) Today I started her up ,with full battery charge & it flew fine , I guess , it was windy & she would move around a bit when no input at hover , what I did notice was when landing , at first it was two motors or props were slower then the other two , then one seemed to pick up & idle like the others & only one was on the slow side . Now because this has been sitting on top of my Safe , could the motor just need cleaning with some electronic cleaner or oiled ? Heck , maybe the three were running too fast , I don't remember , my bad for not keeping my experience up . Thanks in advance .

could the motor just need cleaning with some electronic cleaner or oiled ? Heck , maybe the three were running too fast , I don't remember , my bad for not keeping my experience up .
Or ... maybe there's nothing wrong at all.
As long as it flies properly, it doesn't matter what the motor speeds look like at idle.

I also want to input that I noticed this slow prop speed when I landed after test flying , so the Drone was warmed up . it was about 60 degrees this morning . Though I did land on my Spa Cover , maybe some electrical interference ?

I also want to input that I noticed this slow prop speed when I landed after test flying , so the Drone was warmed up . it was about 60 degrees this morning . Though I did land on my Spa Cover , maybe some electrical interference ?
Flyers have reported motors idling at different speeds for years.
It's never been a problem.
Here are a few examples I managed to find:

I tried a search on this sight with several different phrases & it turned up nothing , so I had to ask , probably a new moment with such a lag in flying , I did read the manual again , I had to , forgot even how to start the props manually . Thanks , I'm sure its nothing , but will keep an eye on it .

I have Power lines in. my back yard , so I always get warning , hasn't bothered me from flying around them for years .

Put her through some speed runs & maneuvers & every thing seems fine , also when landed @ idle , did not notice any difference in Prop speed . Must have worked its self out .

If the P3 or other multi copter does not stand on an even level then the higher laying prop will spin slower then the lower prop.
It´s dependant on the gyroscope of the FC inside the AC. Put the copter with the front props face the higher side of the take off place and you will see that the front props spin slower than the rear props.

Reactions: Meta4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav