One prop seems slower at idle?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just took my Phantom 3 Standard out for its third flight. After looking at the props spinning right after starting her up it seems they aren't spinning at all the same speed. I don't know if its some sort of optical illusion but that's how it seems to me.

It seemed to fly ok, no problems, It didn't shoot off into a particular direction. Has anyone else noticed or had this issue? I thought i would ask as its only a few days old so don't want to risk having a faulty item, and it will give me peace of mind if its something normal.

This is OK.
These are fly by wire devices with feedback from the IMU in the flight controller controlling motor speeds depending on flight commands. While on the ground the aircraft's attitude remains stable so there is no need to adjust prop speed to adjust attitude.
It all good!

Thank you for the fast reply!

I just powered it back on a minute ago and have just one more question. If i push the right stick all the way to the right ( as if i'm turning it ) The sound of the props is quite load, However if i push the stick all the way to the left the sound is different, It doesn't seem like the props on the other side spin as fast as the others when turning the other way. Is this normal?
I just imagined that when pushing that right stick on the controller full left and full right the props would spin and sound exactly the same?

You can't really make any assessments while on the ground, tied down with props on, or without props.
Your fine.

Reactions: Mejjo
True.

Seems to fly absolutely fine so will just keep flying :) Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I would say that unless it's sitting perfectly level on the ground and or perfectly to the level it was calibrated, there will be one or more props spinning faster or slower than one or more other props while it's idling.

As Indiana Pyro said, the ground only needs to be slightly off level and the props will not rotate at the same idle speed; it's the AC compensating for this imbalance.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl