P3 Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just ordered my advance yesterday and got the e-mail this morning about the standard and i'm like WTF?!?! lol
Don't worry the P3A is a way better machine, better range, vision positioning system, light bridge, etc.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: CodeRed
Why DJI made this product:
DJI probably has a better profit margin with the Phantom 3 Standard (P3S) and can attract more people on a tighter budget.
It costs less to implement WiFi than LightBridge technology. Also, no ultrasonics and downlooking camera subsystem.
If you don't need to fly indoors or require lightbridge type video quality, then this product is a good fit.​

Radio Technology:
It appears the Phantom 3 Standard uses a Phantom 2 type-looking controller and now has an internal WiFi 2.4ghz Range Extender along with the 5.8ghz RC for control.
And, they use a single common antenna on the controller (probably two separate antenna elements inside the antenna plastic) :​
    • Video and Telemetry Downlink - 2.4ghz WiFi
    • Control Uplink - 5.8ghz RC
External Antenna Mod Support:
Should be able to easily adapt to the P3S Controller. Will require drilling two holes: one for a 5.8ghz SMA jack and another for a single 2.4ghz SMA jack.​

REDbird Repeater Support:
Getting past having an external WiFi Range Extender, the REDbird Repeater can be adapted to the Phantom 3 Standard enabling the use of Tripod Mount or Repeater Drone Technology.

This means it might be possible for the Phantom 3 Standard, like the P2 Vision+, to fly into places that are impossible to access for the Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional and Inspire 1.

Check out the blue-colored video links above or the one below for REDbird.​

Duplicate thread. Please comment further here - http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/new-phantom-3-standard-a-new-horizon.49971/
2rf90ts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic