P3 Standard Vs Spark video and photo quality

Reaction score
I just got a Spark to fly for fun(sport mode) and to fly indoors. Surprising the photo and video quality is better on the Spark. The specs on the camera seem to be the same as the P3 Standard. Am I missing something?

Maybe there was a difference in the manufacturer of the camera module - the sparks one is much smaller so they couldn't possibly be entirely identical. Would be interesting to see a comparison video! [emoji4][emoji106]

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I just got a Spark to fly for fun(sport mode) and to fly indoors. Surprising the photo and video quality is better on the Spark. The specs on the camera seem to be the same as the P3 Standard. Am I missing something?

I have been considering the Spark too as a complement to my P3S. From what I have read the cameras are similar but the Sparks is newer. They both have the same sensor size but the Spark has a wider aperture (f/2.8 vs f/2.6) so the Spark lets in a bit more light. The P3S has a wider FOV (20mm vs 25mm). Don’t have a Spark yet so can’t compare picture quality but there is a definite advantage on the P3S to be able to shoot stills in RAW format and to shoot video in 2.7K or at 60fps at 1080p.

With that being said, I will likely be buying a Spark to add to my P3S.

Figured it out.. for somehow the settings changed on my Phantom to 1080p 24FPS.. I changed it to 2.4k, 60 FPS and switched to manual camera settings. They both are about the same quality now.

I suggest the Spark, it’s fun to fly, easy to deploy for quick family shots. Does well indoors.

Figured it out.. for somehow the settings changed on my Phantom to 1080p 24FPS.. I changed it to 2.4k, 60 FPS and switched to manual camera settings. They both are about the same quality now.

I suggest the Spark, it’s fun to fly, easy to deploy for quick family shots. Does well indoors.

Ordered a white flymore combo at BF prices from amazon to complement my P3S. Looking forward to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72