P3 STANDARD PHOTOS

Reaction score
Hi all, maybe just me, but photos from my recently purchased standard don't appear to be as sharp as pics from both of my Hubsan 501s quads. I have checked the camera settings and they are set as per a couple of setup videos I have watched, but maybe I need to learn a lot more about the unit. I have only done half a dozen flights with it, no crashes or knocks at all. Any clues to look at maybe? Regards. A 12 MP camera should eat the Hubsans, I think they have only a 2 MP unit?

Hi all, maybe just me, but photos from my recently purchased standard don't appear to be as sharp as pics from both of my Hubsan 501s quads. I have checked the camera settings and they are set as per a couple of setup videos I have watched, but maybe I need to learn a lot more about the unit. I have only done half a dozen flights with it, no crashes or knocks at all. Any clues to look at maybe? Regards. A 12 MP camera should eat the Hubsans, I think they have only a 2 MP unit?

Geobee, can you provide an example?

Correct, the DJI camera is way, way better than the Hubsans.
How are you viewing the images? Copied off the SD card in the camera or directly in the app?

What camera settings do you have?

There are a number of possible explanations and it's not possible to say what the problem is without seeing an example.
The most common cause is that users might be looking at lo-res preview thumbnails from the app rather than the actual photos that are stored on the SD card.

Thanks to all. The settings I can get to are white bal around 6k, style is custom -2-3-2, color is D Log. Cannot seem to get into the ISO or shutter settings, cannot find them listed in the menu, so maybe that is where I need to look if I could get them. The first pic is from the Phantom, second is from the 501s. Probably should be the same pics to compare apples with apples. Regards.
DJI_0040.JPG
hubsan_snap_19700101_081055.jpg
I am looking at the pics in a laptop and also from prints from the card.

Thanks to all. The settings I can get to are white bal around 6k, style is custom -2-3-2, color is D Log. Cannot seem to get into the ISO or shutter settings, cannot find them listed in the menu, so maybe that is where I need to look if I could get them. The first pic is from the Phantom, second is from the 501s. Probably should be the same pics to compare apples with apples. Regards.View attachment 91368 View attachment 91370 I am looking at the pics in a laptop and also from prints from the card.

Geobee, thanks for sharing. Ok. So, D-log is meant for post editing like Photoshop or Lightroom and is best for RAW photos, not jpgs. D-log will lock your ISO also (@msinger, please confirm this is still the case for P3S, I have not used mine for a couple months). It locks mine in my P4P and I think my P3S also. Play around with the settings. I personally don’t like the -2 -3 -2. I leave mine at none since it is what I like. Also, for jpgs, I use normal or truecolor when I don’t want to edit. It takes great photos. Just play with the settings until you find what you like. Your pictures are good. Just keep working at it. These are fantastic cameras and do a very good job.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164