P3 Standard "HIDDEN" SD card inside battery tray??? :S

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the "hidden" SD card is for inside the battery tray?

I noticed this when I took out my battery, it's underneath the main board?

Is this some kind of secret data logger?

??

Your Phantom logs flight data there -- and, perhaps other things too.

Tried to remove it, - looks like it's glued well.

IMG_0053.jpg

Nope. There are definitely flight logs on it because you can pull them off.

??

It is what the FAA will use to find you and lock you up when your drone crashes into the white house lawn. A 'black box' if you will?

I've noticed when I plug my p3 stranded usb ports to my pc usb it shows two drives both are exactly the same D/ drive names, files, etc. On windows explorer. One is probably a backup like ya said

If the battery fails and overheats it will probably fry the card too. I never noticed it though. I just checked and indeed there's a chip. I am not gonna be the one to remove it and try flying first.

??
Interesting find! I am thinking that it isn't just for flight data logging. I am thinking it is probably programmed with any user information it has on you.

It will probably gather as much info on you as it can.

If I remember correctly, I had to activate this device.

Reactions: dazzer
This could be the place to save the command of F-Mode like way point, POI, etc. The bird must has a "memory" to receive uploaded data from app (DJI GO or Litchi). That's why it can still run and finish the mission when the signal to the remote has lost.

I am trying to find where the internal Wireless Antenna connections are, Without opening my drone. Does anybody know where they are?
Thanks
MikeK

Yes this card is glued or silicone in , not really glue , just tough silicone. I did manage to remove the silicone and remove the mini SD card , just to read and see what it contained . It had probably 40 or 50 .dat files with a 2026 date on them. Wish I would have taken a screen shot. Did not know they they would be of interest to others. I am new to these forums and the drone world. I purchased this phantom 3 that was only a few months old off Craigslist. It was complete , battery remote and even original box for 100 bucks. I have a 4k so my interest at the time was the extra battery. The owner had crashed and broken off the gimbal. He told me he was going to upgrade to a better drone. I feel lucky to get an extra battery for my drone among other things.

Reactions: jscouten
It had probably 40 or 50 .dat files with a 2026 date on them. Wish I would have taken a screen shot. Did not know they they would be of interest to others.
You can also access that data without physically removing the memory card. It's only of interest to those who want to access the memory card to format it since it's not possible to do so without removing it from the Phantom.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
"You can also access that data without physically removing the memory card"
But it's really slooooooooow.
I've waited 45 minutes for 20 or so files to transfer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31