P3 Standard Battery Question

Reaction score
Hi all,
Last week I flew my drone and I had a battery drop after about 15 minutes, down to less that 10%. I landed the drone fine but I knew I wasn't going to use the unit unit this weekend so I didn't charge the battery. I just plugged it in and none of the lights come on. If I push the button in, one green light does light up, but it does not appear to be charging at all. Any ideas/suggestions?

p.s. If the battery is not plugged into the charger and I do the power-up sequence, one single light will appear. If I press the button a few times, all four bars flash. If I leave the battery on and plug it into the charger, the single bar remains lit but does not blink like it does during normal charging. Also, I'm reading all over...Am I supposed to fully discharge the battery at times?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Last week I flew my drone and I had a battery drop after about 15 minutes, down to less that 10%.
From what you are saying, you may have a cell that is going bad. The easiest way to check that would be to upload your latest flight data to the link below and check the cell values for the flight. You should never have a percentage drop that quickly unless the battery wasnt full charged prior to takeoff. If you want to see the actual values follow the link and look for yourself. Instructions are on the link. If you do not know how to read the data, place a link back here to the uploaded file and we can certainly tell you.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

From what you are saying, you may have a cell that is going bad. The easiest way to check that would be to upload your latest flight data to the link below and check the cell values for the flight. You should never have a percentage drop that quickly unless the battery wasnt full charged prior to takeoff. If you want to see the actual values follow the link and look for yourself. Instructions are on the link. If you do not know how to read the data, place a link back here to the uploaded file and we can certainly tell you.

Thanks

The battery had been charged two days prior and is about one year old.

Last week I flew my drone and I had a battery drop after about 15 minutes, down to less that 10%.
This is where you need to see the data to verify.

If one cell is going bad, would that stop the whole battery from charging?
You have 4 cells in the battery. If one is going bad, there is no point in attempting to charge anyway. It may or may not ( according to the LED indicators). You really need to have a look and see if it is indeed a cell issue first. You are risking the aircraft otherwise, even if the battery would appear to fully charge. You would be looking for a large deviation between the 4 cells. These Lipo batteries are very finicky in the manner they need to be maintained.

@davecarter39,
You need to upload your data, until that it is all hear-say.

@Fly Dawg, can give you very good information, so far he doesn't charge for his services. ;)

Rod

Personally, I would NOT use that battery in any future flights. Unless you have plenty of $$ to put out for a new drone.

When you say you hit the button a few times it is telling you how many cycles it has used.The start up that shows one light may be correct.Put it in drone and see what it says for the cells.is one way off?Use the flight data and check your cells.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers